3 replies to this topic

#1 sanders2222

sanders2222

Advanced

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationSammamish, WA

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:31 PM

I was wondering if there has been any changes in the last year what or how security system panels can be monitored/controlled by the ISY.

Is ELK still the only solution?

I recently acquired a vacation home that has a wireless ADT system installed. I was wondering if there would be a way to monitor what this system currently shows on it's keypad?

U-D ISY-994i/IR v4.2.18, Win 8, Venstar T1800, Russound CAA66, UR MX-980/MRF-350, Trendnet IP422W, Elk M1-Gold, Samsung G4

#2 io_guy

io_guy

Advanced

• Members
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:06 PM

You could throw a Raspberry Pi in the home and run DSCLink.

#3 sanders2222

sanders2222

Advanced

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationSammamish, WA

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:43 PM

Thanks io_guy. I'm familiar with DCS security panels. I assume if I had one of those, I could link to the ISY through a DSC link, assuming all the wireless contacts are compatible.

Is Raspberry Pi a bit of hardware that can connect to the ADT panel and communicate through a home network like the DCS panel? I like the price. Not so sure I'm techie enough to make it work.

U-D ISY-994i/IR v4.2.18, Win 8, Venstar T1800, Russound CAA66, UR MX-980/MRF-350, Trendnet IP422W, Elk M1-Gold, Samsung G4

#4 Xathros

Xathros

Advanced

• Members
  • 3,108 posts
  • LocationRepublic of Vermont
  • Occupation:System Administrator / ISY Integrator and Enthusiast / Home Automation junkie.

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:47 AM

Thanks io_guy. I'm familiar with DCS security panels. I assume if I had one of those, I could link to the ISY through a DSC link, assuming all the wireless contacts are compatible.

Is Raspberry Pi a bit of hardware that can connect to the ADT panel and communicate through a home network like the DCS panel? I like the price. Not so sure I'm techie enough to make it work.

The RPi is a small, inexpensive, single board linux computer that many of us use for various IO tasks or as a middleman between incompatible systems. IO_Guy has written a whole series of link programs that allow these other systems to communicate with the ISY. The RPi is a low power and low cost platform to run such programs on eliminating the need for a high power PC running 24/7. It does require some moderate level techie skills but there are plenty of online resources to help you with most anything you want to accomplish with it.

-Xathros

If you ain't broke - Automate it!

ISY-994i/IR Pro v4.2.18 (Final)
Modules: Network, Climate, A10/X10, ZWave, Irrigation, OpenADR
MAC OS X 10.10.1 Yosemite
MobilincPro/HD

DD-WRT x86 V24 Sp-1
CAI Web Control
RaspberryPi/Raspian 7.6

http://xathros.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users