forum.universal-devices.com

Welcome to UDI Forum
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:31 pm 
Advanced

I was wondering if there has been any changes in the last year what or how security system panels can be monitored/controlled by the ISY.

Is ELK still the only solution?

I recently acquired a vacation home that has a wireless ADT system installed. I was wondering if there would be a way to monitor what this system currently shows on it's keypad?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:06 pm 
Advanced

You could throw a Raspberry Pi in the home and run DSCLink.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:43 pm 
Advanced

Thanks io_guy. I'm familiar with DCS security panels. I assume if I had one of those, I could link to the ISY through a DSC link, assuming all the wireless contacts are compatible.

Is Raspberry Pi a bit of hardware that can connect to the ADT panel and communicate through a home network like the DCS panel? I like the price. Not so sure I'm techie enough to make it work.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:47 pm 
Advanced

sanders2222 wrote:
Thanks io_guy. I'm familiar with DCS security panels. I assume if I had one of those, I could link to the ISY through a DSC link, assuming all the wireless contacts are compatible.

Is Raspberry Pi a bit of hardware that can connect to the ADT panel and communicate through a home network like the DCS panel? I like the price. Not so sure I'm techie enough to make it work.

The RPi is a small, inexpensive, single board linux computer that many of us use for various IO tasks or as a middleman between incompatible systems. IO_Guy has written a whole series of link programs that allow these other systems to communicate with the ISY. The RPi is a low power and low cost platform to run such programs on eliminating the need for a high power PC running 24/7. It does require some moderate level techie skills but there are plenty of online resources to help you with most anything you want to accomplish with it.

-Xathros

DD-WRT x86 V24 Sp-1
CAI Web Control
RaspberryPi/Raspian 7.2

http://xathros.com