Insteon 8 button switch

alfa

Hello forum -

I am unable to undo the following from the 8 button switch:

Somehow, I linked Scene B to control Main On/Off.

I tried a factory reset through the switch and I also tried to restore the switch through Universal Devices Admin Console.

Main On/Off works independently, but I want to use Scene B to control something else.

Any help would greatly be appreciated - thanks!

Alfa

Actually, now I managed to make the Scene B only turn "off" Main On/Off when Main On/Off is "on".

Specifically, pressing Scene B will result in the Scene B button to flash 2 or3 times as it turns Main On/Off from "on" to "off".

Scene B can not turn Main On/Off "on" .

Sounds like the Factory Reset was not successful. Perform the Factory Reset again. Before doing a Restore Device verify that button B does not control Main A in any way. If button B continues to affect Main A do the Factory Reset again. Must get the KeypadLinc to the point where button B has no affect on Main A before going past the Factory Reset. Once button B is independent of Main A, do a Restore Device to rebuild the KPL link database. If button B once again controls Main A in any way after the Restore Device, Delete the KPL from the ISY, Factory Reset the KPL until B no longer affects Main A, add the KPL back to the ISY.

Archived