Making a scene that fades in and out

barrygordon

I have a 6 gang box with five switchlinc dimmers and one 8 button keypadLinc8

I built a scene where the main button of the keypadLinc8 controls the 5 dimmers. The scene is set with a ramp rate of 8.5 seconds as are each of the dimmers in the scene and also in the folder which is the room (folder name= room name) They are in..

From admin I can use On and Off to fade in and fade out the lights just as I expected by turning the scene on and off.

However when I am at the button at the wall plate on and off of the main button does a faston and fastoff of all the lights. I want it to do a regular on and off so the lights will fade from the button also. The main button of the keypadlinc 8 controls no load.

Please advise.

TIA,

Barry

Each Controller in a Scene has a unique set of Responder On Level and Ramp Rate values. From the post it sounds like you set the Scene (when PLM is Controller) Responder On Levels and Ramp Rates.

Now click on the Red KeypadLinc button node name below the Scene name. There are another set of Responder On Level and Ramp Rate values for when the KPL button is the Controller. Set those values as desired.

That did it. Thanks for the speedy reply.

On a slightly different topic, I have set the LED brightness on the keypad to 1 as I it appears that 0 seems to mean full on. IIRC the range is 0-15. 1 is still kind of bright. Is there any way to turn the LEDs off completely?? That would be a nice feature, but I guess that is an Insteon issue and not a Universal Devices issue.

Archived