2450 Sensor and Relay as a responder and controler

Elburn

Could I use the 2450 Relay as both a sensor and NO or NC relay functions at the same time for total unrelated uses. The reason I ask is sees thease as seperate devices listed in the isy.

as a controler

In other words could I hook a sensor to the 2450 and when that sensor makes or looses contact it triggers a email in the ISY program like a alarm.

as a responder

Then at the same time could I use the same 2450 as a responder to open or close the circuit of a transformer when it receives a trigger from a switch or some other controler.

I have mulit needs in the same room and dont want to buy 10 of these rather buy 5.

Thanks

The I/O Linc Sensor and I/O Linc Relay operate as separate devices. The Sensor turns On/Off based on the dry contact switch connected to the Sense Input. The Relay Responds to On/Off commands independent of the Sensor state.

There can be a relationship between the Sensor and the Relay but that is not a requirement.

Thanks.

A follow up ?

I understand through the instruction that the sensor is a dry contact only. Are the N/O and N/C suitable to close a 24 transformer in latch mode for a indefinite period of time. It makes reference to interment 2-25 sec. We a planning on using the 2450 relays to close a transformer wired in series that would in turn energize a relay controlling line voltage. The only thing going through the 2450 would be the 24v transformer but in latch mode.

Archived