8 Button Keypadlinc - Controlling Load with Sub button

Elamhome

I'm experiencing some inconsistent results when attempting to control the load on an 8 button Keypadlinc (label indicates it is V5.1 0945) and was wondering if anyone could provide some advice to help me troubleshoot it. What I am trying to accomplish is to use the top 6 buttons on the Keypadlinc to control 6 mutually exclusive scenes using a combination of devices in my kitchen. Rather than trying to setup mutually exclusive buttons on the ISY99i, I've added every device in the kitchen and all 6 buttons in this group to each scene and set the on-level and ramp rates for each device/button as desired. For scenes that do not use certain devices, I've set the on-level to 0 for that device. Additionally, I've set the button toggle mode to non-toggle-on for 5 of the scenes that have some lights on and the 6th scene is used as an all off and has a button toggle mode of non-toggle-off. This method is functioning properly for controlling all of the devices with the exception of the main load on the Keypadlinc that I am programming.

I've read that older versions of the Keypadlinc do not allow a sub-button to control the load; however, in my setup I have two scenes that have allowed me to set the main load to zero using sub buttons on the same Keypadlinc and two scenes that give me a warning when trying to set the load to zero indicating that it is not possible and I should set the load to a very low level. I've trialed setting the main load to 1% for the two problem scenes hoping that it would not be enough to turn the ballast on but it induced a flicker in my lights (3 Cree 6" LED recessed lights). The buttons that are successful setting the load to zero are B and C. The buttons that will not allow me to set the load to zero are D and E. The main load is used in the scene on button A and button F and is therefore not a problem.

I realize that I could overcome this by using the ISY99i to execute a program but I would prefer to have the scene written directly to the Keypadlinc. Can anyone explain why some sub buttons are able to fully control the load and others are not? Is there any way to update the keypadlinc to allow this capability?

If it matters, the other devices used in these scenes include a 2nd keypadlinc (which I plan on duplicating the scenes and button mapping with the first keypadlinc), a Switchlinc dimmer, and three In-linelinc dimmers.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

- Jon

Archived