Turn off program

Scottmichaelj

I am trying to get a program setup that when you turn off the bathroom fan switchlin the fan stays on for 15mins after its switched off. I have been away from the ISY game for a while so a bit rusty. Here is the program:

If

Control 'Bathroon Fan (DS)' is switched On

And Control 'Bathroon Fan (DS)' is switched Off

Then

Wait 15 minutes

Set 'Bathroon Fan (DS)' Off

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

I want it to stay on the whole time it was "ON" just after pressing "OFF" it goes to a 15 min timer. I tried setting up two programs too but unsuccessful. Thnks in advance for the help.

If the SwitchLinc in question is controlling the load (fan) when the SwitchLinc is turned Off the fan stops. A Program could be triggered with an Off paddle press that turns the SwitchLinc back On for 15 minutes but that has to be an overt Program action.

The posted Program turns the SwitchLinc Off in 15 minutes after being turned On manually. There is not action to turn the SwitchLinc back On after being manually turned Off.

If the SwitchLinc in question is controlling the load (fan) when the SwitchLinc is turned Off the fan stops. A Program could be triggered with an Off paddle press that turns the SwitchLinc back On for 15 minutes but that has to be an overt Program action.

The posted Program turns the SwitchLinc Off in 15 minutes after being turned On manually. There is not action to turn the SwitchLinc back On after being manually turned Off.

I think I get what your saying. However if you have guests who use the restroom and then turn off the fan and it switches back on they may try and turn it off again getting caught in a catch 22. Nor would there anyway to override the program. Any suggestions?

I can't fix the fan turning Off when the Off paddle is pressed so long as the SwitchLinc controls the load. If you put the fan on some device then the SwitchLinc paddle is driving Program logic which can be made to satisfy just about any set of rules you want to define.

Within the existing limitations, a Fast Off would turn the Fan Off and not drive the Program to turn it back On but I don't see guests being that Insteon aware.

Archived