An "All Lights" scene snycing question.....

Steven M Castano

So I've got a scene called "All Lights" that has a few devices in it. Basically it's all the lights in my condo including the 4 that are motion controlled as well as 3 KeypadLinc Dimmers all using the "D" button as part of the scene.

Most of the time I used the "All Lights - D" button to turn lights on when I wake up in the morning, when people come over in the evening, etc...

The issue I have is that eventually my motion controlled lights will be triggered again and automatically shut off, then one by one as people leave rooms, most of the other lights are shut off also.

The problem is that by the time people about the house and take care of things, we're down to a light or two left on, most of the time at a different level than 100% which is defined in the "All Lights" scene that turned them on.... HOWEVER, the "D" KeypadLinc lights are still on. There is where the problem comes in, if I push the button to turn them off, or even write a program to do the same... once the KaypadLinc "D - Buttons" scene gets turned off, it in turn sends an OFF command for the entire "All Lights" scene disturbing people.

Ideally, what I'd like is that after a few of the lights are controlled independently, the "D" KeypadLinc buttons go off without disturbing the lights that were controlled independently.

Has anyone else done something like this or have any pointers?

KeypadLinc Secondary button LEDs can be controlled but only through a Scene. Define an ISY Scene, assign KPL button D as a Responder. An ISY Program can track the status change of whatever devices you want to control button D. When conditions have been reached, have the Program turn the ISY Scene Off containing KPL button D.

Consider, also, the possibility that you could take advantage of all that power in your ISY in such a way that manually activating your scene via one of the D buttons would halt the motion sensor response. Or, you could use a FASTON from one of your keypads to do the same.

I would think that it would be a useful capability to be able to turn the lights on and have them stay on, for those occasions that justify this.

Archived