devices linked in one direction only

karwas

Hello,

I am not sure if this question has been already asked and if not is this a proper forum to ask it.

In such case, please redirect me to the proper place.

I would like to know what are the consequences of having an asymmetry in INSTEON link database.

After several burned keypads and dimmers, I ended up with the network with devices which are

linked in one direction only. This can be verified by introspecting link database in ISY99 admin console.

For instance, keypad link table is empty, (the only link present is to PLM) yet pressing a ON key on the

keypad control several dimmers and ICON switches. I conclude that this is because dimmers' link database

contain link to the keypad, and message generated is broadcasted to the network and received by all dimmers.

Is such situation expected/acceptable? Should I relink every device in the network to have such asymmetrical

links rebuild in both directions? Or I don't need to worry about this?

Thanks,

Przemek

It is expected and I view it as unacceptable. The ISY keeps track of all the link records that should be in a device. Right click the KeypadLinc Primary node, select Restore Device. This will rebuild the KeypadLinc link database.

Some devices will not send anything when the link database is empty.

Archived