Cant link mini remote

I have this same problem and PLM is v98, but can't see in this thread why v98 is the problem?  System is new (everything purchase July 2014), I've tried the ISY upgrade, now running 4.2.8, and this 8-button remote will not communicate with the ISY.  Interesting to note the manual for the 2342-2 mentions nothing about linking the remote to routers.  Linking this manually is not acceptable since some devices are very hard to get to (fans, etc.).

Did you wake it up before trying to add it to the ISY system?

Battery devices go into a power saving mode and must be put into the linking mode first before they can be added to your ISY system.

When you added it did you use the Link Management Tab and pick add a Remotelinc 2?

The information in the manuals are for manually doing things. When you have an ISY or other Insteon Controller. Most of the information does not apply and you use the controller to do all the correct linking.

Did you wake it up before trying to add it to the ISY system?

Battery devices go into a power saving mode and must be put into the linking mode first before they can be added to your ISY system.

When you added it did you use the Link Management Tab and pick add a Remotelinc 2?

The information in the manuals are for manually doing things. When you have an ISY or other Insteon Controller. Most of the information does not apply and you use the controller to do all the correct linking.

Well, remote was awake (learned that one long ago), and was using the add RemoteLinc 2 -> 8-Scene.  The label on the back is a bit blurry and the address reads as 2E.85.86.  Out of desperation tonight I tried 2E.B5.86 and then 2E.85.B6 which worked.  Even with a magnifying glass would have never read that "8" was a "B", will have to send feedback to Smarthome on the quality of their address labels.  Thanks for your response.

Archived