testing port A

eddyk

Hi,

Is there a way to test the functionality of port A on a ISY 99/IR pro? I like to find if my PLM or my ISY is causing a problem. I ca connect via the network to ISY but it tells me I'm in "safe mode". The PLM seems to factory reset normal. I replaced the cable between the ISY and the PLM (2412S) but it did not help.

When I power-up the PLM / ISY the led's on the ISY come on as usual but the Receive led never goes off.

I like to do some more troubleshooting so I can just replace what's broke............

Nothing that I am aware of as far as connecting Port A to anything but another PLM.

If you have a Serial port the PLM can be connected to a PC. The HouseLinc software is now free. It can be downloaded from Smarthome and have it connect to the PLM. I would expect HouseLinc to have PLM issues if the PLM is not working.

I did some tests for a Smarthome Forum User and an older 2412S PLM.

If the 2412S is old enough to have firmware <70. Houselinc will not find it even if it is OK.

I believe the <70 firmware PLMs also are the old 417 Link Database ones.

Remember if you have to get a new PLM. The 2413S does not supply power to your ISY99 controller and you need an added external one.

I did some tests for a Smarthome Forum User and an older 2412S PLM.

If the 2412S is old enough to have firmware <70. Houselinc will not find it even if it is OK.

I believe the <70 firmware PLMs also are the old 417 Link Database ones.

Remember if you have to get a new PLM. The 2413S does not supply power to your ISY99 controller and you need an added external one.

OK,

Replaced my PLM with a new 2413S and a new power supply for the ISY.

Now I can "see" the plm but things is not working correctly.

1) ISY is not seeing local changes made to dimmers

2) most programs are not working.

Tried to restore PLM but it did not help. Also see the green 1010 numbers in front of devices.

Can you send me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Also was the ISY powered down while the new PLM was being connected to the ISY? It is necessary for the ISY to reboot after the new PLM is installed for it to be aware of the new PLM address.

PLM links count shows -0- even after "restore PLM"

ISY was rebooted several times

Also was the ISY powered down while the new PLM was being connected to the ISY? It is necessary for the ISY to reboot after the new PLM is installed for it to be aware of the new PLM address.

Also,

I can control / Query lights just fine from ISY.

Thanks.

That is an indication that during the process of moving to the new PLM a Delete Modem (PLM) was issued. This removed all references to a PLM both in the devices and the PLM itself. Need to go back to an ISY Backup that was done prior to issuing the Delete Modem (PLM). Then do a Restore Modem (PLM) followed by a Show PLM Links Table and Count to verify the older ISY Backup has the PLM link information.

Once the PLM has the correct number of link records a File | Restore Devices must be invoked to put the link records back in all the devices that point back to the PLM.

Thanks for the additional information about being able to control the devices. This means the PLM is functional. However, that activity does not use Link Records in either the PLM or the device which is why it works even though local state changes are not registered and Scenes do not work. The state change and Scenes require link records in both the PLM and device which were lost when the Delete Modem (PLM) was done.

That is an indication that during the process of moving to the new PLM a Delete Modem (PLM) was issued. This removed all references to a PLM both in the devices and the PLM itself. Need to go back to an ISY Backup that was done prior to issuing the Delete Modem (PLM). Then do a Restore Modem (PLM) followed by a Show PLM Links Table and Count to verify the older ISY Backup has the PLM link information.

Once the PLM has the correct number of link records a File | Restore Devices must be invoked to put the link records back in all the devices that point back to the PLM.

Thanks for the additional information about being able to control the devices. This means the PLM is functional. However, that activity does not use Link Records in either the PLM or the device which is why it works even though local state changes are not registered and Scenes do not work. The state change and Scenes require link records in both the PLM and device which were lost when the Delete Modem (PLM) was done.

Not good.........

I'm currently on 3.1.17 but my latest good back-up is 2.8.16 which it does't let me select. Can I go back to 2.8.16 ? I still have the 2.8.16 zip file.

Thanks for the very quick replies.

Sorry, I don't have any idea about images that old. 3.3.10 is the latest official release (last image that will run on a 99i) with 4.0.5 RC2 the likely next official release (4.0.x requires a 994i). You can open a ticket with UDI tech support (link at the bottom of all of Michel's posts).

With the impact of running Delete Modem (PLM) and the only backup 2.8.16 I think the best course of action is to install 3.3.10 and rebuild your system from scratch.

Archived