Motion sensor

StarRider

Okay, I just started playing with the motion sensor. I can't wrap my brain around it yet. The bulb turns on with any motion detected, all the time. It is an Insteon bulb. Any help would be appreciated.

If

From Sunset + 15 minutes

To Sunrise - 15 minutes (next day)

And Control 'Sunroom Motion Sensor-Sensor' is switched On

Then

Set '1st Floor / Sunroom LED Bulb' On

Wait 2 minutes

Set '1st Floor / Sunroom LED Bulb' Off

Else

Set '1st Floor / Sunroom LED Bulb' Off

I do want the motion sensor to control the Insteon LED bulb. I just don't want it to come on during daylight.

I was thinking the above program would allow the bulb to be turned on only from sundown till sunrise, for 2 minutes, then turn off.

I come from 20 years of using X10. Although Insteon and ISY are much better, it's taking me a bit to get the hang of it.

The motion sensor is not linked directly to the bulb.

Good. It seems to me that the program is correct for what you want. If the bulb is coming on during the day, I suspect the reason is something other than the program. Is it possible that the motion sensor was linked manually to the bulb, outside the ISY?

As per LeeG and oberkc suggestions, I have first disabled, then deleted the program. The bulb still comes on when the motion sensor is triggered.

I have no clue how the motion sensor and bulb were linked, nor do I know how to break the link. Everything was done within the ISY console.

Looking at the box on the right side of the console screen in the Main tab, none of my devices are linked as controller or responder. I guess I'm missing a big part of the ISY programming.

I really need to pay attention to what I'm doing.

I found another program in the tree for turning on the bulb. After deleting that, and entering the above program again, all seems good.

I still would like to know what the deal is with that box in the Main tab.

If referring to the Membership list for each node it shows what Scenes the node is assigned to and how it was assigned (Controller or Responder). This reflects what was done using the ISY. Set button links would not appear here.

The Membership area for each node reflects the ISY Scene(s) that have been created where that node participates. The Membership area is from that nodes perspective. The same information is available further down My Lighting where the ISY Scenes are listed. This area is from the Scene perspective.

You do not create ISY Scenes for the purpose of showing in the Membership area. ISY Scenes are defined for the function they provide. The ISY Scene information is displayed in two locations. At the bottom of the My Lighting tree which is from the Scene perspective and in the Membership area for each node which is Scene information from that nodes perspective.

Perhaps if you describe what you want to see in the Membership the location of that information can be provided.

Archived