ISY cannot communicate with devices

When I logged onto my ISY over the weekend, I got a message that the ISY cannot communicate with devices. The window came up about 20 times, for all types of devices, SwitchLincs, OutletLincs, Motion Sensors, KPL, thermostate adapters, Appliance Lincs. I tried "Restore Devices" but it did not help. Every device on my tree had either a red exclamation point, or a short green arrow. I got out of ISY and logged back in. All of the exclamation points are gone, and every device has a short green arrow.I can still control lights through my ISY, but I noticed my thermostat is not accurately reporting the temperature or the setpoints. Can someone tell me what is happening, and how do I correct it?

I haven't had any any communications problems in the past. I have dual-band devices on both legs of the electrical system. I am running ISY release 4.0.5. My PLM was purchased in April.

It sounds like the PLM is failing. Right click on one of the nodes that has the green arrow, select Write Updates to Device. If the PLM is intermittent the Update may work. If the PLM has failed the Update would not work. Could also be something new has been plugged into the PLM circuit, a new UPS, computer, cell phone chargers can completely wipe out Insteon communication.

Thanks, LeeG. Based on what I've read in this forum, I suspected it might be the PLM. I just called the Gold Line. They had me reset the PLM (I hadn't thought of that), but I still cannot communicate. They will send out a new PLM in the morning.

Someone on this forum mentioned they keep a spare PLM for insurance - you hope you never need it, but it's nice to have when you do need it. I didn't want to tie up money for a device to sit in the cabinet. I guess I thought I was invincible. I've learned my lesson; I'll include a spare PLM in my next SmartHome order.

Again, thanks for your help.

Archived