Bye Bye ToggleLinc

TheEther

I spoke to someone today in the position to know who said it'd just be a matter of time before the ToggleLinc goes away. They said SmartHome is heading toward all Dual Band and that something about the ToggleLinc keeps them from doing dual band in it. Also quoted sales numbers on the SwitchLinc vs ToggleLinc saying TL is just a fraction of the relay/dimmer sales.

Just a heads up...

Not surprising. SmartLabs has been dropping devices for a year or more. The entire ICON product line, some KeypadLinc variations, RemoteLinc, and others that don't immediately come to mind. Folks should pick up some spares if they want to keep the ToggleLinc style. I stocked up on ICON devices before the inventory ran out.

Thanks for the tip.

I am not too surprised.

For a short time. When X10 had closed their factory in China and before they had stock from a contract factory.

I bought Smarthome model X10WS467 {relay} and model X10WS467D {dimmer} modules for $19.99. They where ToggleLincs with the labels changed. Firmware not even reflashed. My ISY99i had no problems getting the six digit ID from them as they where Insteon in disguise. Same for the relabeled Icon relay and dimmer modules with X10???? model numbers.

I do miss some of the discontinued modules. I like my RemoteLincs. The RemoteLinc2s just don't cut it for me.

The dual band devices are larger and in my case. Don't fit the ancient electrical boxes in my home.

Archived