isy994Pro not reading all Elk zones

Tunaman

I'm running 4.0.5 on both the client and server, and do have the Elk module.

I just noticed that one of my zones isn't properly updating in the ISY.

When I connect to ElkRP, and connect to the elk, then view the status, I see following:

Note zone 3: Fountain Ovrflow, state = Open, Volts = 13.6

I then disconnect from the elk, close ElkRP, and start isy admin console.

When I look at the zones on the Elk tab, here is what I see:

Note zone 3: State = Short, Volts = 0.

I thought it might be due to fact that it was a non-alarm zone, but then noticed that it looks like it is tracking zone 7.

Any ideas?

post-3133-140474159731_thumb.png

post-3133-140474159732_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

I've been out of the country for last 2 weeks, so I haven't been monitoring too closely. But, here is the interesting part. Last week, it started working again. Since nobody was home, I can honestly say nothing has changed. I know it is working because the I have a program that monitors this, and if it sees an overflow, it turns on a pump for 3 minutes and sends an announcement.

That always worked in the past, but stopped sometime in the spring. However, it is very difficult to track because an overflow event is vary rare -- it takes more than an inch of rain in 24 hours to trigger it.

The sensor is actually a marine float switch designed to monitor bilges, and has been rock solid for years. Plus, when I had an overflow a few weeks ago (when I was home), I noticed that the fountain was overflowing (hard not too, it makes quite a mess).

On the elk side, it also flashes on of the function buttons on the keypad, and that was working.

So, I fired up elkrp, and saw that the zone was violated. I then closed elkrp (the elk architecture won't allow multiple connections), started isy admin console, and noticed the pump was off. I took the screenshots in the OP as I was diagnosing.

Bottom line, I'm still not sure what is going on here. It appears to be working fine, but I still can't explain why it failed 2 weeks ago.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Archived