Help getting KPL button lighting right

widnerm

I have a couple 8 button 2486 Keypadlincs that I can't quite get to behave the way I want (at least not without programs that seem unnecessary).

The problem I'm having is with individual keys lighting up at the wrong times. I have button C as a controller for simple scene called "Hall lights". It just turns on and off the hall lights, along with 2 switches. As part of that scene the switches and KPL work properly. (i.e., C button lights up when either of the 2 switches or the KPL C button turn on the hall lights, it goes off when any of them turn the hall lights off.)

Button G controls a "Sleep" scene, which turns off most of the lights in the house (including the Hall lights) and turns a few lights on very dim. It properly turns all the lights off and dim, but I can't seem to find a way to make it properly turn the KPL C button off without using a program. Am I missing something obvious?

If I set KPL C as a responder to the "Sleep" scene (with "on level 0") the button lights up when I use button G to activate the "Sleep" scene. I wasn't expecting that behavior. If I leave button C out of the Sleep scene as a responder then it just stays on if it was already on (even though I'm turning off the Hall lights using "on level 0").

I know I can create a simple program to just turn the C button off when the G button is pressed. It just seems like there should be a way to set up the scenes so I don't have to. (I'm hoping for a better solution because I use several keypads and have this same issue with several buttons on each.)

Is button C as Responder set to 0% On Level when the Red button G node name below the Scene name is selected?

Controlling responders of button C with button G should not have any effect on button C unless button C is part of the Scene with button G as a Controller. Insteon does not propagate Scene behavior by turning Responders turn into Controllers.

What ISY firmware? Click Help | About, what is displayed for Firmware and UI?

What is the firmware level of the KPL? If multiple KPLs participate in a given Scene a minimum KPL firmware of v.40 is required for KPL A button G to turn Off KPL B button C with a 0% On Level. Before v.40 the KPL did not honor a 0% On Level for Secondary KPL buttons.

Is button C as Responder set to 0% On Level when the Red button G node name below the Scene name is selected?

Ah, you're brilliant, and I was driving myself nuts. I had them set correctly for the "parent" scene definition (i.e., Scene name in the ISY list), but incorrectly for the individual KPL controllers within the scene.

It's odd, I set them properly at the "Scene name" level and used the "Copy Scene Attributes From Sleep" for each of the KPL controller buttons as masters, but it didn't actually copy those 0% On Levels from the parent. It dropped them in 100% On Level and I didn't catch it. (I have 38 responders in the scene and didn't scroll all the way.)

Working well now, appreciate the help.

Archived