Java programs for power outage recovery

BrianM

I have a ISY994i, latest software running a network of 3 X10 units and 4 Insteon units.

I'm trying to find a way to make the ISY do a better job of recovery after a power failure. I followed BitSmith's suggestions and find they work well when I specify a SET command in the Power Recovery program but I get nothing happening when I specify execute a program that I use to control a unit.

For example:

Execute this program when powering up (i.e. power has been restored):

If ;When the ISY restarts

- No Conditions - (To add one, press 'Schedule' or 'Condition')

Then

Send Notification to "Myself" content "Power Restored"

Enable Program 'POWER RECOVERY'

Run Program 'POWER RECOVERY' (If)

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

The POWER RECOVERY program looks like this:

If ;If there is some light

From Sunrise - 1 hour

To Sunset + 1 hour (same day)!

Then ;Turn everything off then disable this program

Set Scene 'My_Home_ISY' Off

Disable Program 'POWER RECOVERY'

Else ;Turn everything off, turn on a soft light then disable this program

Set Scene 'My_Home_ISY' Off

Set Scene 'Downstairs / Soft_Light' On

Disable Program 'POWER RECOVERY'

The Set works OK, but if I specify RUN OUTDOOR (with correct syntax), the program that turns on my outdoor lights (X10 controlled) at sunset and off at sunrise, I get nothing happening. OUTDOOR has a From...To IF statement in it...could that be a problem? I don't really understand how Java executes these programs...are they continuously being 'run'?

Any help would be appreciated.

ISY Programs are event driven. The Program with a From/To time will produce a True If section at Sunset which causes the Then clause to run and a False if section at Sunrise which causes the Else clause to run. Issuing a Run Then for the program with the From/To of Sunset/Sunrise will run the Then clause. Issuing a Run If for the same program will result in the Else clause executing because it is not exactly Sunset.

Archived