More On/Off Switch Options

mikebanes

Looking for more on/off switch options.

For example, I'd like to control my Insteon outlets in a bedroom with a switch by the door. I'd also like to control a ceiling fan with a switch at the door. Ideally, with a single gang box, as many of my rooms would not support a 2 gang box.

If a device could be created with two switches, one to control in-line power, the other to send Insteon commands, that would be a solution to several rooms in my house.

The Smarthome forum, Product Requests, is the place to request new features/devices from SmartLabs. The Smarthome forum moderator does watch this ISY topic but he is an end user as you are.

A six button KPL can accomplish the requirement and have a few additional buttons available for future expansion. The ON/OFF buttons would control the physical load and one of the KPL Secondary buttons would control the Insteon OutletLincs. If more than one OutletLinc exists they can all be controlled from the same KPL Secondary button or each OutletLinc (or some combination) can be controlled from a separate KPL Secondary button.

Archived