Keypadlinc beeping on button press

gadgetfreak

From the KeypadLinc User Guide

Beep on Button Tap or Press

Buttons can be set to Beep Mode so KeypadLinc will beep every time a button is used. (Default = Off)

If KeypadLinc in 6-Button Configuration

Simultaneously tap the B and C buttons

KeypadLinc will beep

Keypad’s Beeper will toggle to on (if was off) or off (if it was on)

If KeypadLinc in 8-Button Configuration

Simultaneously tap the D and E buttons

KeypadLinc will beep

Keypad’s Beeper will toggle to on (if was off) or off (if it was on)

My son was playing around with a keypadlinc and now it beeps whenever any button is pressed. Anyone know how he did that and how to turn it off? Thank you.

Ah, don't you just love kids! Everytime my youngest grandchild visits and leaves I have at least 1 kpl that beeps when a button is pressed, but usually 2 or 3 that do also. That along with the garage door being opened / closed and lights going on and off while he is here. The garage door now has a program that requires a fast on or fast off before it will open and close so that has cut down on its operation.

How does a fast off work? That may be helpful for me in some instances including a situation where I have a vacation program running based on the status of a switch. If I can make it more difficult for the switch to be turned on, that may help me. Please let me know. Thx for the reply.

The "Devices / Garage Door-Sensor" is an iolinc and when the sensor led is off the door is closed.

The "Devices / Entry KPL 1 Entry Lite / Entry KPL C Gar Door' is switched Fast On" is one of the kpl's my grandson can push.

The other kpl is in my workroom so a single press will open/close the door.

If
       Status  'Devices / Garage Door-Sensor' is Off
   And (
            Control 'Devices / Entry KPL 1 Entry Lite / Entry KPL C Gar Door' is switched Fast On
         Or Control 'Devices / WR1 KPL 1 Ceil Lite / WR1 KPL D Gar Door' is switched On
       )

Then
       Wait  1 second
       Set 'Devices / Garage Door-Sensor / Garage Door-Relay' 100%

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

I also use similar programs for my Home/Away programs requiring a fast on or fast off to put the house in away or home mode.

How does a fast off work? That may be helpful for me in some instances including a situation where I have a vacation program running based on the status of a switch. If I can make it more difficult for the switch to be turned on, that may help me. Please let me know. Thx for the reply.

A FASTON or FASTOFF is a quick, double press of the insteon switch. If the switch is a dimmer, a FASTON will always bring the local level to 100%, regardless of preset ON levels. If the switch is a relay, both ON and FASTON bring the switch to 100%. Given this, a program based on switch "status" will react no differently to ON or FASTON with a relay device, but could react differently for dimming devices if the ON levels are something other than 100% and your program is designed to recognize this. A program based on switch "control", however, can recognized the difference between ON and FASTON.

Archived