Smarthome 2843-222 Open/Close Sensor

vbPhil

I have the ISY994i but this question probably applies to the 99i as well.

Can I link this open/close sensor to my 994i network? It isn't labeled with an Insteon address and only describes how to link it to a responder. My goal is to have the 994i process the open and close signals from a program.

thanks, -phil

• 2 weeks later...

Happens to all of us. @vbphil, did you manage to create the network? I was actually having trouble with the ISY994i since it gives me all the options that I don’t really need for the interfaces that I’m not really using in my network. Is there any way to hide them permanently? I know this is slightly off topic but I really wanted to get this input from someone who has worked on this and created a system from scratch by going through all the issues that I’m having right now.

pcb assembly quote online

So I was able to add the 2843-222 to my existing network in the usual way by inputting the Insteon address value. As a test I wrote a short program to turn a light on and off depending on the state of the switch. My plan now is to mount it on the garage door so I can detect whether the door is opened or closed. -phil

Archived