Trouble Linking 2843-222 Triggerlinc

jwagner010

When I go to add a Triggerlinc to the ISY I am getting a 'Cannot Determine Insteon Engine Error'. (See attached file). I have factory reset the Triggerlinc a number of times and still no luck adding it to the ISY. I am adding it through the 'New Insteon Device' menu option under Link Management. Have tried moving it within 5 feet of an access point, have also tried the different insteon messaging options under Advanced Options under Link Management.

Running the latest firmware 4.0.5.

Do I have a corrupt Triggerlinc?

post-683-140474160154_thumb.png

Run Tools | Diagnostics | Event Viewer at LEVEL 3. Put the TriggerLinc into linking mode by pressing the Set button until LED blinks continuously. Use New INSTEON Device, enter Insteon address from label on printed circuit board, Name of choice, Device Type as default Auto Discover. Post the event trace.

As always Lee thanks for the quick and helpful response. So it appears that there may have been some user error, perhaps on my behalf but also on the instructions in the wiki. I followed the instructions on the Wiki (I thought I did, see: http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-99i/ISY-26_INSTEON:Linking_a_TriggerLinc) which says to press the set button after doing the ISY New Insteon Device steps, at which time it errors out with the engine error. Putting the device into linking mode first does the trick. Can I blame this one on the instructions ??

Anyway all good now. I think I will order a new device regardless as the reason I factory reset it and added it back to the ISY was because it 'locked up' / wasn't sending events this morning not to mention it is the first release of the triggerlinc and there have been numerous updates to the firmware of this device from the looks of it so cannot hurt to have a spare/newer one around for the future. Are you aware of the differences between the TriggerLinc (2421) and the Open/Close Sensor (2843-222)?

Thanks Again

Archived