linelinc address / isy problem

mlrtime

I am pretty new to Insteon , what I have so far:

2 SwitchLinc

1 InlineLinc Relay

1 8 Scene Miniremote 2342-2

1 isy99i / plm

I am very new to the PLM/isy and I have been using the remote to control the 3 devices. The mistake I think I made is that I installed the linelinc in the ceiling to control a chandelier without writing down address and the isy cannot see it.

The remote does control the linelinc so the address must be stored in the address table of the remote. Any idea how I can get the linelinc address out of the remote or tips on how to get the isy to see the linelinc?

Thanks!

mlr

Put the Mini Remote into manual linking mode using the Set button. Right click the Mini Remote Primary node, select Diagnostics | Show Device Links Table. Assuming you know the Insteon address of the other devices the Insteon address that does not look familiar should be the InLineLinc.

For future reference, the Set button links that have been done between the Mini Remote and the other devices are not known to the ISY. Eventually the link records created that way will be deleted and/or overlaid. All device linking should be done with ISY Scenes.

So I'm able to get the address table and there are 3 Addresses that I do not recognize.

Here is my inventory:

Kitchen - 24.7A.67

Living Room - 24.AE.96

PLM - 24.1A.B5

Remote 1C.4C.0F

The 3 below are not recognized by me, when I try to add them manually by 'Link Management' -> 'New Insteon Device' -> enter address and hit keep add new and keep existing, i get the following errors per address

24.1A.B5 UNK Device is an old PLM, do Restore Modem and try again

24.23.32 UNK Cannot determine Insteon Engine

24.22.D7 UNK Cannot determine Insteon Engine

rWoIGL6.png

So I'm not able to add the linelinc but the remote works fine.

Here is a screenshot of my Main page, it does show the remotes. I'm not sure what you mean by 'new PLM' I have only one. Should I start from scratch? I just don't want to erase my mini remote as I won't be able to recover the address.

Also, in this picture 'G' is toggling the linelinc. When I hit the button 'G' I can see the 'current state' toggle from Off to On.

EWR6eBv.png

Thanks,

mlr

One of the error messages you posted indicated an Old PLM. Did you ever have a different PLM on the ISY99i?

Have you done the communications tests built into the Dual Band Devices? To verify phase coupling and RF communications?

What version of ISY99i firmware are you running?

3.3.10 is the last ISY99i firmware.

Are the Switchlincs Dual Band? You didn't list their model numbers and there where older power line only Switchlinc modules.

I have only had one PLM, I have never replaced it.

I have not done communication tests because I assume they work if I can see it from the ISY. I cannot reach the linelinc to test.

ISY is running 4.05 , I guess this is a ISY 994i (1120)?

Everything is dual band (except remote of course).

Both switchlincs are 2477D v.41

Thanks,

mlr

The PLM is NOT added to the ISY as a device.

If the PLM is a 2413 Dual Band PLM tap the PLM Set button 4 times which puts it into RF test mode. Look at the SwitchLinc LEDs to see if they are responding to the PLM RF test. If so what are the LEDs on both SwitchLincs doing in response to the PLM test?

There are two Insteon addresses that cannot be reached. Presumably one of the addresses is the InLineLinc. Do you know what device the other address is associated with?

The PLM is NOT added to the ISY as a device.

If the PLM is a 2413 Dual Band PLM tap the PLM Set button 4 times which puts it into RF test mode. Look at the SwitchLinc LEDs to see if they are responding to the PLM RF test. If so what are the LEDs on both SwitchLincs doing in response to the PLM test?

There are two Insteon addresses that cannot be reached. Presumably one of the addresses is the InLineLinc. Do you know what device the other address is associated with?

I did the RF test and the Kitchen SwitchLinc blinked, the living room SwitchLinc did not. I cannot see the InLineLinc but it is about the same distance from the PLM as the living room SwitchLinc.

I believe one of the Insteon devices (24.23.32) is a failed dimming InLineLinc that was returned.

I do not know what 24.1A.B5 or 24.22.D7 is.

The PLM 24.1A.B5 is NOT added to the ISY. The PLM is automatically detected when the ISY boots up. The Restore Modem (PLM) was suggested because the PLM was described as the "old PLM" which was taken to mean the PLM had been replaced. Since the PLM was never replaced the Restore Modem (PLM) was not required. Did not hurt anything to do the function.

The Kitchen SwitchLinc is on the opposite 120v leg from the PLM since it was blinking Green. The other SwitchLinc must be out of RF range of the PLM since it did not blink at all.

I think you indicated the InLineLinc was manually linked to the Mini Remote. What button was the InLineLinc linked to?

There is nothing linked to button G based on the Show Device Links Table of the Mini Remote except the PLM. The InLineLinc could have a Responder link (broken link) which would allow it to respond but the only thing linked to button G is the PLM itself.

The InLineLinc will have to be access to get its Insteon address.

Archived