Ramp rate of load (lights) vs LEDs on switchlinc dimmer

swbrains

I have several switchlincs that are slaves (controllers to the master switch that actually connects to the load).

I have set them up in the ISY app with ramp rates of 4.5 seconds. But when I hit the slave switch, it does turn on the light, but the light turns on very fast. Oddly, the LEDs on the slave switch ramp up slowly -- the light is already on full while the LEDs are still ramping up.

How does this happen and how can I fix it?

Thanks!

In Insteon each Controller has a unique set of Responder values. Click on the Slave SwitchLinc node name below the ISY Scene name. Set the appropriate Responder On Level and Ramp Rate values for the Responders (one of which will be the Master SwitchLinc).

In the scene I have two slaves and one master switchlinc. They all have the same properties for on level and ramp rate (55% and 4.5 sec). I do notice the slave switchlincs are listed with [Applied Locally] next to them. Does that mean anything that would affect this issue? It's odd how the LEDs ramp up at the right rate, but the light comes on much more quickly.

There should be a single ISY Scene. All three SwitchLincs should be Controllers of the single Scene. The ISY assumes Controllers are also Responders so adding all three SwitchLincs as Controllers is all that is necessary. Click each Red Controller node name (should be three of them) listed below the ISY Scene name. Each Controller should have two Responders. Set each of the Responders for all three Controllers to the desired On Level and Ramp Rate.

The Local On Level and Local Ramp Rate apply to the specific SwitchLinc that has been selected as Controller. The SwitchLinc where the paddle is physically pressed reacts based on its Local values. The other two SwitchLincs which are Responders to the Controller where the paddle is physically pressed react based on the Responder On Level and Responder Ramp Rate defined for that specific Controller.

Master SwitchLinc as Controller – Local On Level, Local Ramp Rate

Slave SwitchLinc1 as Responder – On Level, Ramp Rate

Slave SwitchLinc2 as Responder – On Level, Ramp Rate

Slave SwitchLinc1 as Controller – Local On Level, Local Ramp Rate

Master SwitchLinc as Responder – On Level, Ramp Rate

Slave SwitchLinc2 as Responder – On Level, Ramp Rate

Slave SwitchLinc2 as Controller – Local On Level, Local Ramp Rate

Master SwitchLinc as Responder – On Level, Ramp Rate

Slave SwitchLinc1 as Responder – On Level, Ramp Rate

Archived