ISY-99i and KeypadLiinc Dual Band

jdheltne

I have had an ISY-99ir/PRO for several years now and had previous versions of keypadlinc. I recently purchased a new KeypadLinc (model 2334-232). WHen the ISY discovers it, it shows it as a single switch, not the 8 buttons that are there like it did in previous KeypadLincs. I am at firmware 3.3.10 and UI 4.0.11. Reading around the internet, people who have the issue as myself have basically been saying I need to upgrade to a new 994 in order to support the new keypadlinc. Is this really true? It would be both time consuming and expensive to replace my 99i with the new 994. Has ANYONE gotten a new keypadlinc to work on a 99i? If so, What am I missing/doing wrong?

thanks,

Jason

RIght, firmware is 3.3.10 and UI is 4.0.11

I have 2 of them, 1 started out as a 6 button and I converted it to 8, and the 2nd is an 8 button, both purchased new in the last 2 weeks. I also did a factory reset on both of them this morning and tried to relink them with the same results.

KeypadLinc1 = 2334-232 5 button

- this was origionally a 6 button KeypadLinc but I converted it to 8. At the switch, each button acts independently of the other, so I know it is in 8 button mode. I can also turn the main light connected to the main on/offf at the switch, however, when I try to link it via the ISY I get an error saying it cant read the link table and fails.

KeypadLinc2 = 2334-232 8 button - when I look at it via the ISY GUI, it shows as

(2334-2) KeypadLinc Dimmer 8 Buttons v43 but I only see the 1 device, not 8 devices. I have no problem linking this KeypadLinc other than it shows as 1 device only. I can manage it via the ISY GUI but on as if it was a SwitchLinc dimmer...

So the whole history is this:

I moved to a new house, so I factory reset everything, the ISY99i, the PLM, access points, switches, etc... WHen I did the factory reset of the ISY, I also upgraded to the latest and greatest version. Then I installed everything, so yes, everything was installed after the upgrade. The ISY I have had for 2+ years, the keypadlinc I have had for 1 week and they are brand new from Smarthome.

Also, no there is no plus sign next to it, it looks like like a Switchlinc does.

Upgrading to the latest ISY firmware for the 99i would get the ISY to 3.3.10. That includes having the UI (admin console) at 3.3.10. If the newest KPL was added with this combination it would not work. If the URL to the Admin Console was then changed to 4.0.11 it will still not work as the KPL was added under 3.3.10. Simply using a later UI after adding the device under 3.3.10 does not solve the problem.

The KPL would have to be deleted and added back while running 4.0.11 Admin Console.

Right, so as I mentioned I upgraded the ISY to 3.3.10, upgaded the UI to 4.0.11, THEN added all devices. I did all upgrades on the ISY and UI before I added any devices to the ISY, so all were added with 3.3.10 firmware and 4.4.11 UI straight away. Im having problems with all my KPLs not recognizing them with multiple buttons, and all of the KPLs are model 2334-222 and purchased brand new in the last 2 weeks. Additionally, now I tried to add a remotelinc2 and its not recognized at all...

As for the KPLs I suggest opening a ticket with UDI. It sounds like the combination of 3.3.10/4.0.11 will not help. However, UDI should comment on the combination and support for the Dual Band KeypadLinc.

The RemoteLinc2 (Mini Remote) is supported under 3.3.10 so I would expect that to work. What is the symptom?

"Additionally, now I tried to add a remotelinc2 and its not recognized at all..."

The Insteon address is not recognized?

The device type is not recognized?

The Set button is not recognized? (cannot use Set button to add RL2)

It sounds like the RF coverage is not the same at the new house Run Tools | Diagnostics | Event Viewer at LEVEL 3. Add the RemoteLinc2 to the ISY (attempt to). Post the event trace. It will show if any of the commands sent to the RL2 are being answered.

Archived