Scene controlled by Motion sensor

Michaelv

I'm trying to write a program to turn on three different dimmer switches between certain hours when motion is sensed.

I have a scene created with the three devices in it. I have the motion sensor installed in the ISY99ir.

There are three nodes for the motion sensor in the main view. which one do I select for the program?

here are the highlights of the program:

run everyday

run between 3am and 7am

run only when it is dark.

turn off only one of the switches after 3 hours.

What is the best way to accomplish this?

also, I can't see that the motion sensor is communicating. I see no activity in the event viewer. how can I make sure the isy is communicating with the motion sensor? Insteon 2842-222.

run between 3am and 7am

There is a program condition for this. It looks something like:

if

time is from 3am to 7am (same day)

run only when it is dark.

You will have to decide how you want the ISY to know if it is dark. One option is, simply, to use sunrise or sunset times programmed into the ISY. Another option would be to use the motion sensor, configuring it to send commands only during periods of darkness. There are probably other options if you would rather avoid using one of these two.

turn off only one of the switches after 3 hours.

This is no problem. The ISY has a "wait" statement that can be configured for three hours, and you can send a command to a specific device, as well as to a scene.

What do you want to happen with the other two switches? Leave them on indefinitely? Do you want any of the lights to automatically turn off at sunrise/daylight? If the three-hour period exceeds the period of darkness, do you want it to stay on?

What is the best way to accomplish this?

I believe a program is the best way to accomplish this. Making no assumptions about your potential answers to my questions above, simply doing what you ask and no more, the program would look something like:

if

time is from 3am to 7am (same day)

and time is from sunset to sunrise (next day)

and control motion sensor is turned on

then

run second program (then path)

else

second program

if

then

set scene 'three light scene' on

wait 3 hours

set 'one of the switches' off

else

I see no activity in the event viewer. how can I make sure the isy is communicating with the motion sensor? Insteon 2842-222.

You will see activity in the event viewer if the motion sensor is communicating. Have you added the motion sensor to the ISY yet?

Thanks,

Which of the three nodes should I use?

Motion sensor nodes? The first is motion sense, i recall. Second is day/night. Third is low battery. (Forgive me if I remember wrong.). The correct node depends on purpose. Use the first node for the motion condition in the program. The second node provides an opportunity to detect darkness and can be used in a program to define your day or night condition. The third node provides the opportunity to use in a program to send yourself a notification that it is time to chane the battery.

Archived