What happened to ControLinc.

mdcastle

I've been gone a while since I've built my sister without wanting to expand it, but two of my three ControLincs have failed. Pressing and holding a button will still dim the device, but pressing the button quickly will not turn it on and off nor send an Insteon command. I checked an they're not even sold anymore, so now I need to find some on the used market. Just wondering if anyone else has experience failures or why SmartHome would discontinue such a useful product.

I had one of the two ControLinc's I have fail in the same way. I replaced the failing one with one of the mini remotelinc's with the desktop stand. I been using it for quite a while now and it's been fine. I actually like the small size and lack of wires, it works better on the end table. Doesn't have the all on/off buttons and is only 4 buttons vs. 5 but I only really needed 4 anyway. I bought another one just in case the other ControLinc fails.

You may find someone with a ControlLinc on line.

For a short time Smarthome was selling 2430 ControlLincs as their model X10SC503 for the X10 crowd. By removing the

Insteon ID and original labels. Then slapping on the new label. ControlLincs where not the easiest to coax their ID out of.

I ended up manually linking mine to a a spare ApplianceLinc and then adding it to my ISY with the keep existing links. So I could find out its real identity.

I liked the original RemoteLinc. One of mine failed. It was also discontinued.

Smarthome must have dumped a batch of them. I found new Black ones on a automation dealers sales site.

Where bulk packed. Maybe from the older Starter Kits.

Archived