RemoteLink Behaving Strangley

I have an old RL I keep by my bed that can control up to 6 scenes. I have 4 buttons programmed that I have used for years. Suddenly, scene 1 stopped working the way it should.

I used to press scene 1 on and the headboard lights would come on. Press 1 off and lights would go off. It no longer does that. But, as before, if you hold scene 1 on the light will turn on and brighten. Hold 1 off and the light dims until it goes off. I also noticed scene 1 does not report to the ISY as the 'Current State' window for scene 1 always stays blank. The other buttons seem to work and report status (state) to the ISY properly.

I replaced the lamp device but the behavior remained the same. I am able to add the device to scene 4 and button 4 works properly. When I look at the event viewer, nothing shows when I press scene 1 on/off (missing DON/DOF), but a BMAN/SMAN command shows if I hold the key.

Does anyone know what is happening? Is there a fix? Do I have a RL where the circuity (in scene 1 only) is toast? The button does not feel broken, but it behaves that way.

I don't know if this is related, but the on/off quit working around the time I wrote links to the RL (see thread http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=12351&p=101351#p101351)

The lack of the RemoteLinc controlling with a Scene 1 On/Off along with not reporting the On/Off messages to the PLM (ISY) indicates missing link records or a device failure. Run a Show Device Links Table for the RemoteLinc (requires using the Bright/Dim buttons to put RemoteLinc into linking mode) followed by Compare. Post the Compare window along with the PLM and lamp device Insteon address.

It may be necessary to look at the PLM link records as well but lets get the RemoteLinc records verified first.

Run a Show Device Links Table for the RemoteLinc followed by Compare.

Here are those results. I am not sure if I was able to capture them all nor what the record mismatches are about. Information on those lines is identical.

post-1419-140474161828_thumb.png

Is another application being used along with the ISY?
No (if you mean like Homeseer or something similar). The ISY is the only controller I am presently using. I also do not have any rules set up in my ELK.

I am curious how you can read all that into the gibberish that the device links table comparison shows.

This is a deleted record for RemoteLinc button 1. It was pointing to the PLM. The 02 flag byte indicates a deleted record. Normally the ISY marks a record deleted with either a 62 if it was a Controller record or 22 if a deleted Responder record. It is unique as other products mark a deleted record as 02 as this record is marked. All values are fine in terms of marking an item deleted, just the ISY is unique.

0 : 0FF8 : 02 01 0F.43.EE FF 1F 01

This is another record for button 1 that is also deleted (02 in flag byte). It points to what might have been the lamp module.

8 : 0FB8 : 02 01 26.99.8D FF 1F 01

I would assume so. A Show ISY Links Table for the RemoteLinc will show what the ISY will write back to the device. Restore Device will rewrite the RemoteLinc link database. Put the RemoteLinc into linking mode with the Bright/Dim buttons together. Right click the RemoteLinc Primary node and select Restore Device.

Restore Device will rewrite the RemoteLinc link database.
Thank you LeeG. That was the trick. My RL is now 100% functional. You must be King to know these things that always seem to work! I hope U-D gives you a BIG bonus check for Christmas this year. :wink:

Archived