ISY cannot discover devices

mserrar

Hi,

I've been using an appliance ISY99i for many years now, and everything used to work fine. I noticed last few days (maybe more) that my ISY doesn't work anymore. My insteon keypad still work when I activate my scenes, but if I do it from the ISY console or if I use my smartphone app, the scenes don't work. So I opened the ISY admin console and I noticed that all the devices has exclamation mark and it couldn't communicate. I tried to reboot the appliance, I updated to 3.3.10, still nothing. So I removed all devices from the ISY to clean it up. I went then to add devices but it couldn't discover it, I used lamplinc for testing, so I press the Set button for few seconds until the light starts flashing, then I go to Link Management and then Start Linking. But then nothing appears in the console.

Any idea what I can do and how to troubleshoot?

Thank you for any help I can get.

If you have a device that is pluggable move it to the PLM plug location. See if the device can be added that way. It sounds like the PLM has failed or at least not working at the moment. Power cycle the PLM. If that does not work do a factory reset on the PLM (not the ISY). If the device plugged into the same location as the PLM will still not add I would say the PLM has failed.

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I did a factory reset.

I went then to add a device, I added a lamplinc, but I did it by entering it's address. It did work.

However, I don't want to start adding all my devices like this by looking for their addresses and entering it one by one.

When a device will add when plugged into the PLM location but not out in the electrical network I begin to think of a powerline issues. Has something been moved, a new appliance that did not exist a few weeks ago, a new charger for example, a change in the way the things are plugged in around the PLM location. Are there other electronic devices plugged in at the PLM location that are not on a FilterLinc?

Archived