All my motion sensors stopped working simultaneously....

sorka

Unfortunately there is no Compare for the PLM. The ISY does not know where the PLM writes the link records (as far as which link record) so it cannot Compare the Show PLM Links Table results.

sorka

How wide spread is the problem in terms of what devices have been affected. The last time it was determined that the issue was across various device types. Is that the case this time?

It's exactly the same devices as before. I all motion sensors, wireless door sensors, wireless closure sensors, leak sensors, and 3 switchlincs. The switchlincs are the only wireless devices to be effected as well. The switchlincs will still respond to the ISY through the PLM but cannot query the status. Only after a PLM restore are things back to normal.

I'm going to overnight a new dual mode serial PLM tomorrow and swap it out. Can I do a PLM restore with a newer PLM coming from an older one?

Yes. Be sure to follow the instructions in the Wiki for replacing a PLM. The sequence of removing power from the ISY, connecting the new PLM, powering the PLM and the booting up ISY and restoring the PLM is very important for the ISY to know a new PLM is being used.

Note that if using a 2412 now an external power supply is needed as the 2413 Dual Band PLM does not provide power to the connected device

Wiki link - section 6.1

http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index ... :File_Menu

Archived