Themostat Control vs Mode

James Peterson

What is the difference between a thermostat control and mode.

My thermostat is currently:

Heat Mode On

Cool Mode Off

Temp 70

Heat Point 70

Cool Point 78

Heat Control is Off

Cool Control is On

Fan Control is Off

Can someone explain where heat control is off but heat mode is on? I am guessing I am just thinking about it wrong.

From the post Cool Ctl is not On, it is blank. Means the thermostat has not called for Cooling since the ISY was booted the last time. The thermostat mode indicates whether the thermostat is controlling heating or cooling. Heat Ctl node On indicates the thermostat is asking for Heat from the HVAC. In Heat Mode the Heat Ctr node will cycle On/Off as the ambient temp moves Down/Up.

It does on mine which is of no use to your situation. What ISY firmware and UI is being used? Click Help | About

[attachment=0]Thermo.JPG[/attachment]

I was wrong. I cranked up the heat and the "On" displayed. So what does it mean when it is not displayed - vs- "Off"

version 4.0.5

The xxx Ctr nodes are Controller Only nodes. They have no state information to query. The ISY logs whatever the thermostat sends in terms of On or Off commands for these nodes. Until the thermostat sends something for the particular node it will be blank. The image I posted has a blank Cool Ctr node as the thermostat has not called for AC since the ISY was last booted. It will remain blank until the change in season when I switch to Cool mode.

The xxx Ctr nodes are Controller Only nodes. They have no state information to query. The ISY logs whatever the thermostat sends in terms of On or Off commands for these nodes. Until the thermostat sends something for the particular node it will be blank. The image I posted has a blank Cool Ctr node as the thermostat has not called for AC since the ISY was last booted. It will remain blank until the change in season when I switch to Cool mode.

thank you.

Archived