Control your Nest Thermostat with the ISY *Multi-Thermostat*

abuttino

The data will update automatically as things change on the thermostat.

Yep, working now! Thanks for your help.

If you have any suggestions on how I can improve the documentation, I'd love to hear about it. I know it's lacking some things and due for a rewrite, especially with all the features I've introduced.

Also, rayzor, if you have any features that you'd like, feel free to ask.

The data will update automatically as things change on the thermostat.

Yep, working now! Thanks for your help.

If you have any suggestions on how I can improve the documentation, I'd love to hear about it. I know it's lacking some things and due for a rewrite, especially with all the features I've introduced.

Also, rayzor, if you have any features that you'd like, feel free to ask.

It looks like you updated it already - but as somebody new to EG and ISY I couldn't figure out that you need the number of the variable, not the name, so I would suggest putting that in the documentation as well :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have tried time to temp so many times it is just not worth it.

Right now, even my time to temp is broken. I have just kinda given up on it..

It reports in milliseconds from now in epoch time then, I have to subtract time now from ttt (time to target temp) then, turn that into datetime then, for the isy I'd probably stick with minutes.

For an extremely inaccurate measure that these thermostats have (especially in Florida with drastic heat and heat index), it is just not worth it.

If you want to see my current broken ttt script and work from there, I'll be more than happy to provide it for you.

I would appreciate it if you didn't contact nest about this again. It skirts the line of the EULA and one person could trigger a multitude of homes not able to use this plugin. If you have problems, ask here please.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I would appreciate it if you didn't contact nest about this again. It skirts the line of the EULA and one person could trigger a multitude of homes not able to use this plugin. If you have problems, ask here please.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I never contacted Nest. I went on their forums and multiple people were complaining about the logout issue and Nest support said it was due to 3rd party apps.

Thank you for replying to this.

The way the unofficial works is just like using another phone.. It mimiks a phone's nest app. It should not effect any signing in.

There is a different token for each device. The plugin has its own token and doesn't steal it from any of your devices.

Methinks someone may have been talking out their butt. The very mention of some other plugin would commonly cause someone to counter with that type of response..

Ever try to get tech support with an irregular setup? It is plain hell. The very moment you mention something that they don't support or don't know how to, they blame it on the other parties product.

Case in point, privateinternetaccess .. The worst support department ever. The very mention of a different firewall made them so edgy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

This is my first official post on this forum. I have actually been using it for some time but most of the users do such a great job in explaining the steps that I hardly ever find a need to ask any questions. This is an awesome work around for the Nest and I can't wait to get it fully working. Either way I have an issue with my Nest Event Ghost setup which I hope you guys can help me out with.

I have my Nest/Event Ghost setup working to some degree and I can change the temperature using the variable however I am having difficulty setting up the home/away variable. I followed the steps in the 3rd post but I could not locate in the "Read ISY Event" Python Script, where to change "if VarNum == "1":" to the variable number for my home/away status. I was able to change the other "Set Away Status to Nest" Python Script just fine.

Here is a sample of what is coming up in my Event Ghost Log:

Read ISY Event (Very Important)
      Python Script
         Traceback (most recent call last):
           Python script "44", line 9, in <module>
             VarNum = VarNameVal[10]
         IndexError: list index out of range
ISYEvent.State.Variable '6:97'
      Python Script
           Python script "44", line 9, in <module>
             VarNum = VarNameVal[10]
         IndexError: list index out of range
ISYEvent.State.Variable '10:10'
      Python Script
Main.NestAway '10'
   ISY Wants Nest to Away/Home
      Set Away
           Python script "45", line 10, in <module>
             eg.plugins.Nest.set_away(0)
         TypeError: __call__() takes exactly 3 arguments (2 given)
ISYEvent.State.Variable '10:1'
      Python Script
Main.NestAway '1'
   ISY Wants Nest to Away/Home
      Set Away
           Python script "45", line 10, in <module>
             eg.plugins.Nest.set_away(0)
         TypeError: __call__() takes exactly 3 arguments (2 given)
ISYEvent.State.Variable '10:0'

Please let me know where I am going wrong? Thank You!!

I was getting some errors like that too then downloaded the other dlls from the first post. You may have done this already but thought I would try and help. The plugin is great. Good luck.

Download http://www.tinozplac...m/otherdlls.zip and place extracted files in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Eventghost\" or for 32bit systems: "C:\Program Files\Eventghost\"

I was getting some errors like that too then downloaded the other dlls from the first post. You may have done this already but thought I would try and help. The plugin is great. Good luck.

Download http://www.tinozplac...m/otherdlls.zip and place extracted files in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Eventghost\" or for 32bit systems: "C:\Program Files\Eventghost\"

I have already downloaded the dlls, I re-downloaded them and overwrote the existing ones just to make sure, but I still have the same errors. I think the error is related to the first Python script. I know I am not putting the variable number in the correct location, but I don't know what the correct location is either.

I've been getting the following errors in the log. Does anybody know what this means?  

File "threading.pyc", line 532, in __bootstrap_inner
  File "threading.pyc", line 484, in run
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\Nest\__init__.py", line 385, in Polling
    self.save_status(True)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\Nest\__init__.py", line 745, in save_status
    fo = open(self.loglocation, "a")
IOError: [Errno 22] invalid mode ('a') or filename: u''

http://screencast.com/t/CdvzJZ5r4Y

Well.. Can you at least try C:\nest.log and see if it works?

When I set that path for the "log location" I get the following:

Exception in thread Thread-136:
  File "threading.pyc", line 532, in __bootstrap_inner
  File "threading.pyc", line 484, in run
TypeError: 'Thread' object is not callable

Archived