Motion Sensor ON, Manually Switchlinc ON

Rapidway

Have you posted your actual programs. Right click on the program name and select copy to clipboard. In your post select the code icon and paste into the pop up box.

It seems that your motion sensor is setting the variable to 1. Do you use the MS device in your first program rather than a switch. I think you could set this up another way by disabling and enabling the trigger program with the switches.

I just set up my first MS which turns the laundry room lights on when you walk into the room. The MS is set to on only.

If you have manual links (meaning links set up by pressing the set buttons locally rather than using the isy) you may need to reset and restore your devices.

Just to let you know I did unlink both MS and did a factory reset on both then re-configured them to ON only. You'll notice that I changed to a family room light so it's easier for me to watch. I also went through all my ISY programs and deleted any thing i had create that used any of these devises to clean house.

Thanks

I see one program referenced ("frontllightsmanual") that is not posted here.  Are there others?

Within the programs posted, I see NOTHING that would cause any lights to turn ON.  I see that your second program will turn OFF family room and yard lights.  Perhaps this is why you are seeing lights turning OFF but not ON?

I did get my program(s) working to get my front yard lights to operate how I want them too. I also utilized this on my back yard lights along with a "DelayLights" thanks to Xathros back when. They turn on with sensed motion for 30+ sec and I also have this with "10 mins on" with a  single tap of the rocker switch and "1 hour on" with a double tap fast-on. It's not all 100% test for every possibility yet and I'm sure my code isn't the cleanest in town (might even make the ISY start smoking ;) ) but i have learned a lot from everyone that has commented here and thanks again all.

I have three question about the 2842-222 Motion Sensor using CORRECTLY with my ISY 994i.

1. Should jumper #5 be on both pins? ( I don't know why my ISY AdminConsole shows one MS current state ON and another of my five MS's toggles itself back to current state OFF? They are all UNLINKED as controllers and Factory Reset. )

2. Should Jumper #4 be installed on both pins for On/Only? (They are [On/Off Commands] "UNCHECKED" holding their set buttons for 5 sec blinking with the ISY popup window.)

3. Can I run a full report with my ISY to list and devise that is linked as a controller? 

1. Should jumper #5 be on both pins? 

Yes.  Jumper 5 is required to allow an application (ISY in this case) to set motion sensor options.

2. Should Jumper #4 be installed.

No.  Those options are handled by the application/ISY ewhren Jumper 5 in place.

3. Can I run a full report with my ISY to list and devise that is linked as a controller? 

Yes.  Put the motion sensor into linking mode and run Tools | Diagnostics | Show Device Links Table.  Link records that start with E2 are Controller link records.

Regarding #1, a motion sensor in On Only mode will always show as On as that is the only command the Sensor node sends. 

Archived