Raspberry Pi problem with 1wire bus

arw01

it just stopped working, nothing shows up in the 1Wire directory in /mnt

Unable to restart the owserver, it just fails.

did a reboot and the init that start owserver fails too.

--debug comes up with nothing to tell me what's up with the 1wire bus all of a sudden

I am using one of the shepardwalk rp1 units and it's been flawless for months until the other day.

I read that perhaps the --debug is not in the packaged one wire file system.. do not know why they would take that out.

Take a look again through the thread in my signature.

At the end there was a forum user that had issues getting the 1 wire up and running. What followed was some basic troubleshooting to see where the problem is (such as checking the 1 wire directory, clearing that out, stuff like this) to see if it is a module issue, a file system issue, ectra.

While you are tinkering, consider doing an upgrade on your system (I've moved on to Arch Linux, so the command is different now).

Will poke around in there, have to look up the read write commands again as well to see if they are working, but no green "directories" of the nodes all of a sudden. THought maybe the boy banged some wires, but nothing stuck out.

Do you know if some of the cryptographic functions work better under arch linux? Wheezy appears to have issues across the board with applications, like why would they compile the debug out of the package for owfs? That's just ...

Archived