Insteon 220 Volt On-Off Switch Announced.

Brian H

• 4 months later...

The 220 V switch is a 2476S and a relay in a box, The ISY will see it as a regular 2476S Switchlinc on/off. No additional support is needed for this device, I already have 3 installed (pool water features), with 1 more standing by to be installed (pool pump).

Before jumping on the 220V switch, DOUBLE check that you REALLY have a NEUTRAL present where you think you want to install the switch (ask me how I know).

• 1 year later...
The 220 V switch is a 2476S and a relay in a box, The ISY will see it as a regular 2476S Switchlinc on/off. No additional support is needed for this device, I already have 3 installed (pool water features), with 1 more standing by to be installed (pool pump).

Before jumping on the 220V switch, DOUBLE check that you REALLY have a NEUTRAL present where you think you want to install the switch (ask me how I know).

Hmmm... Pool pump motor has 2 phase + ground and no neutral? I think there are ways to accomplish this, but if you have a GFCI breaker on the pump, it might nuisance-trigger. My .02... this is a special application. Find a local 120v source, and use an IO Link with a low-power, high-amp-contact DPST relay. That should get you good, isolated control of your pump. If there is a heater present, depending on the relay config, you can use it to heat-enable, only when the pump is running and not rely on the flow switch in the heater. You can also (under program control), switch off the heater a few minutes before you switch off the pump to provide for a cool down period if you use another IO Link or consolidate with a multi-io device.

Archived