Scene SwitchLinc KeypadLinc Question

The3ngineer

I have a question about controlling scenes with the Keypadlinc.

First Question

I have a scene, button 'B' on the Keypadlinc, that controls Switchlincs in both my kitchen and living room and sets the lights at 50%.

If I manually push one of the Switchlincs (not the KeypadLinc) to turn the brightness to 100% (or even off), how do I make the Keypadlinc turn off to show that the scene is not active anymore? Should I write a program, if so what is the best way?

Second Question

What is the easiest and most effective way to send an 'all off' command from my Keypadlinc? Right now I have created an 'All Off' Scene that includes all my devices. It is set to non-toggle off.

Thanks in advance.

Nick

An ISY Program is necessary to turn KPL button B Off based on the On Level of the load being controlled by the SwitchLinc.

if Status 'switch1' is not 50%

Or Status 'switch2' is not 50%

Then

Set Scene 'xxxx' Off

Else

Your approach to the All Off is the solution.

Thank you to everyone who responded.

With your help, I was able to get it to work. Here is what I did, not sure this is the best (or correct) way but it seems to work.

1. Made a scene XXX1 for the 'Switchlinc 1' (set at 38%) and 'Switchlinc 2' (set at 40%) as responders.

2. Made a scene XXX2 for the 'Keypadlinc F' as a responder. '

3. Program 1 - Turn Scene On

If

Control 'Keypadlinc F' is switched On

Then

Set Scene 'XXX1' On

4. Program 2 - Turn Scene Off

If

Control 'Keypadlinc F' is switched Off

Then

Set Scene 'XXX1' Off

5. Program 3 - Turn the Keypadlinc Button Off and On

If

Status 'Switchlinc 1' is 38%

And Status 'Switchlinc 2' is 40%

Then

Set Scene 'XXX2' On

Else

Set Scene 'XXX2' Off

Thanks Again.

Glad you got it working. However, I would probably just make the Kpl button a controller of scene xxx1 and eliminate programs 1 and 2. This way you are just relying on device to device communication, not on the isy to run a program. Things usually work faster that way.

E

Why can't the same program monitor the Keypadlinc 'A' button?

For instance

If

Status 'Switchlinc 1' is 38%

And Status 'Switchlinc 2' is 40%

And 'KeypadLinc A' is 20%

Then

Set Scene 'XXX2' On

Else

Set Scene 'XXX2' Off

When I adjust the Switchlinc's the Scene button turns off as it is supposed to, but the if I adjust the Keypadlinc A button nothing happens. Can the 'A' button not be monitored in this manner?

resetting the KPL is something that is worthwhile trying before concluding the device is faulty. I tend to like to try the easy things first, but you can try performing a factory reset, then restoring the device from the ISY.

Another option is to get an extension cord and plug it into an outlet on the same circuit as your keypad, then plug the PLM into the cord. If that helps, then a communication problem it is. If that does not work, then a factory reset is definitely in order.

oberkc, thanks again for all the help. I reset the Keypadlinc and all is well. One last question, can the main load button 'A' not show ON when the light is in fact on. The problem is that I have a couple of scenes in my bedroom where button 'A' (main overhead light), button 'B' (right lamp), and button 'C' (left lamp) are on at preset levels. Combine these three lights with the scene light and four buttons are lit at the same time. For me it makes sense but my wife gets confused and just starts randomly pressing buttons. I've tried creating a scene where button 'A' is a responder but I don't think it works as it just turns off the overhead light when the program runs (instead of the button light). I feel it is an all or nothing scenario, either I want the lights to represent the true state of the device when a scene is active or only the scene button to be illuminated. Thanks again for all the help.

Archived