ISY not communicating with insteon

Hi,

I am trying to setup my ISY with my insteon.

When I open the admin console, I go to 'Start Linking' , then I press the set button on an insteon device until it starts blinking, then I go back to admin console and click finish after chosing to add device.

But the device doesn't show up on the console.

I wasn't able to add any device to the console.

Any idea on how I can troubleshoot this to pinpoint the issue?

Thank you for any help/idea.

Suggest using Link Management | New INSTEON Device. Enter Insteon address of device, Name of your choice, and Auto Discover. Do not use a battery device.

If that does not work then run Tools | Diagnostics | Event Viewer at LEVEL 3. Repeat the New INSTEON Device and post the event trace.

The Start Linking approach requires a device message sequence and PLM status that is dependent on each other. You can post an Event Viewer at LEVEL 3 of a Start Linking attempt. Do not use a battery device as they cannot be added using Start Linking.

I just tried and link started working.

It didn't work for the past days I was trying the same thing over and over.

Is it possible that after doing the 1st link manually, it started working?

Anyways, it seems to be all good now.

Thank you again for your help.

Are you using an ISY99i or ISY994i?

3.3.10 is the last firmware for the ISY99i and does not properly support the latest Insteon Devices. You may want to consider the ISY99i to ISY994i upgrade offer. That I believe is still in effect.

If you have an ISY994i. Update the firmware to a later version.

What model PLM 2412S or 2413S are you using and what version firmware is in the PLM?

I believe the whole list under Upgrades are the ones. Even though it doesn't specify the ISY99i as the old one being Upgraded.

UDI will probably give more information as they are great at clarifying questions.

Archived