Replace Device Command

stillen_i30

Finally got the 994i to replace the 99i.

Had some older 8 button keypads that I replaced with new ones (which is why I had to get the 994).

I did the "replace with" command and clicked on my old 8 button keypad to have it replaced by the new one (also 8 button), and after going through all the motions, it reset and when reloaded admin console, its still showing my new device ID as the name and none of the scenes transposed to the new device, and the old device is now missing and I cannot just do the replacement manually. Anyone know why this is? I can restore the backup so I haven't lost the old settings (yet) but how am I supposed to really do this? Does the old switch still need to be powered on the network for this to work?

The old KPL is the device where the 'Replace xxxx with' command is selected. The new KPL is then chosen. If the new KPL definition remains and the old KPL was deleted it sounds like the 'Replace' command was applied to the new KPL rather than the old one. The only solution is to restore an ISY Backup and repeat the 'Replace' command but against the old KPL.

Note that the ISY never physically accesses the old KPL because it is assumed to be defective and not operational. In fact the new KPL may have physically replaced the old KPL.

Archived