Problem with Garage door relay and MobiLinc for android

andyclay

I recently added the garage sensor and relay to isy setup. I took the time to change the magnetic reed switch from a normally open to a normally closed model so now when the door is open I get a true "ON" signal. I did this for a couple of reasons. To make sure any overnight system query would really return the true state of the door and to make the reading of the door in my MobiLinc Pro app for android to show correctly.

I also want to show the status of the door on 2 keypads but not allow those keypads to open or close the door. I have that working just fine.

My problem is getting the relay to work properly with MobiLinc. I'm finding that only when the relay sees an ON command does it open or close the door. Off does nothing. This is true if I use the ISY admin console or the icon for the relay in the MobiLinc device area.

Anyone have any idea how I can set things so there is just a button for the door in MobiLinc which triggers the door and the idea of off on button is not needed?

Thanks

A Direct On command to the I/O Linc Relay is required to turn the Relay On. A Direct Off will turn the Relay Off but that is usually not required because any of the Momentary modes turns the Relay Off. Only Scene Relay On/Off commands are managed by which Momentary mode is used.

MobiLinc will drive a Scene rather than a Direct command if device is in a Scene but that may be limited to the device being a Controller of the Scene.

A Direct On from the Admin Console always turns the Relay On. A Scene can be defined with the I/O Linc Relay as a Responder and turn the Scene On/Off with the Admin Console.

That same Scene can be controlled from MobiLinc.

I don't know if this solves your problem but I was having a similar issue where I would have to toggle to "Off" on my iPhone app before being able to tap "On" to activate the garage door. I solved it by making a program that every time the Relay is set to "On" it waits 5 seconds then switches it to "Off". This seems to solve it for me.

Dan

Archived