single Zone Irrigation with switchLinc ?

evilpete

for Irrigation most people seems to use an IO-Linc or EZFlora

For a single zone system, Is there any reason a On/Off module such as a switch Linc

(or 2443-222 Micro On/Off Module or InLineLinc Relay ) be wired to toggle power to the 24V Irrigation power supply.

The reason I am asking this is cause all I need control is a single zone sprinkler system and the above configuration is cheaper and will fit into a double gang box

The relay model Insteon Modules are designed to control inductive loads so it should not be a problem.

Though it may depend on the transformers characteristics when turned On and Off.

If there is one of the rare problems. I believe the users added a Snubber across the transformer.

for Irrigation most people seems to use an IO-Linc or EZFlora

For a single zone system, Is there any reason a On/Off module such as a switch Linc

(or 2443-222 Micro On/Off Module or InLineLinc Relay ) be wired to toggle power to the 24V Irrigation power supply.

The reason I am asking this is cause all I need control is a single zone sprinkler system and the above configuration is cheaper and will fit into a double gang box

I would strongly recommend NOT using any device that does not have a failsafe timer to turn itself off after some time period for Irrigation. I've seen too many horror stories...