Installed Z-Wave Dongle and Purchased Z-Wave Module -Some Qs

ferdies

Hi,

Today I started venturing into Z-wave and installed the dongle as well as the module. Few questions:

1. Z-Wave Dongle's LED Light - should this be ON or OFF, currently mine is set to OFF.

2. I tried adding Aeotec Sensor (Model: DS805-ZWUS) - it could not be added. I am literally 2 feet away from my ISY. I also tried pressing the black button near the USB connector of the sensor while adding but it was unsuccessful. Any "special" process I should use? The sensor is powered by USB cable.

3. Currently, ISY is the primary controller for Z-Wave. Is this correct?

Thanks.

Hi,

Today I started venturing into Z-wave and installed the dongle as well as the module. Few questions:

1. Z-Wave Dongle's LED Light - should this be ON or OFF, currently mine is set to OFF.

2. I tried adding Aeotec Sensor (Model: DS805-ZWUS) - it could not be added. I am literally 2 feet away from my ISY. I also tried pressing the black button near the USB connector of the sensor while adding but it was unsuccessful. Any "special" process I should use? The sensor is powered by USB cable.

3. Currently, ISY is the primary controller for Z-Wave. Is this correct?

Thanks.

For the MultiSensor, give it power by connecting the USB port to an adapter or computer. This prevents it going to sleep.

Select Z-Wave/Add a Device on the ISY. A box should come showing it's listening. Press the black button on the sensor, wait a few seconds, the ISY should add it.

If you need to change settings then you must keep USB power to it OR if you press the black button 3 times then the sensor will wake up and stay awake for 10 minutes. The Red LED on the side of the unit is a good indication of whether it is awake or sleeping.

• 2 weeks later...

For the MultiSensor, give it power by connecting the USB port to an adapter or computer. This prevents it going to sleep.

Select Z-Wave/Add a Device on the ISY. A box should come showing it's listening. Press the black button on the sensor, wait a few seconds, the ISY should add it.

If you need to change settings then you must keep USB power to it OR if you press the black button 3 times then the sensor will wake up and stay awake for 10 minutes. The Red LED on the side of the unit is a good indication of whether it is awake or sleeping.

Thank you. I was able to add the sensor.

However, I dont think it the sensor is functioning as it should. Some observations:

1. After timeout (in 30 secs), the sensor is does not toggle to OFF - i have to run query to get its status

2. When I added it the sensor, temp was set at Celcius, but not it has been changed to Fahrenheit.  I would like it at Celcius.

Did I miss anything in the setup?

First thing is to update the firmware. It likely doesn't have the latest firmware. It's possible 30s is too short, I think there's a minimum, I have mine set to 1 min.

http://aeotec.com/z-wave-sensor/1270-multisensor-firmware.html (Hope you have a PC and not a MAC).

Oh! You want it in Celcius. Did you go to the options page?

This thread is extremely useful in setting up the MultiSensor.

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/13021-aeon-labs-multisensor-testing/

First thing is to update the firmware. It likely doesn't have the latest firmware. It's possible 30s is too short, I think there's a minimum, I have mine set to 1 min.

http://aeotec.com/z-wave-sensor/1270-multisensor-firmware.html (Hope you have a PC and not a MAC).

Oh! You want it in Celcius. Did you go to the options page?

This thread is extremely useful in setting up the MultiSensor.

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/13021-aeon-labs-multisensor-testing/

Again, thanks. I upgraded the firmware.

However, I would like to try the EU version so I can have Celcius for the temperature instead of Fahrenheit. Is that possible?

Using EU firmware, my sensor just continuously blink. Thus, I reverted to the US firmware.

Archived