Motion Sensors

llema

Hey guys,

I'm using a ISY994 with Elk M1 Gold . My alarm sensors are all hard wired. I would like to add a few wireless motion sensors to the system. Can you guys recommend some good wireless sensors? I was wondering if I could simply use Insteon motion sensors and write programs to activate alarm if some are tripped. Or if I should rather get some ElK sensors or similar. I will also need to get the wireless expansion for the M1 if I go with Elk sensors. I would like to use the sensors both for alarm purposes and for isy programs. Just wondering what you guys think is the best route to go.

My main goals are long term reliability and functionality...price is secondary.

Thanks for any insight you can offer.

Marc.

If reliability and functionality is paramount, and cost is secondary, I'd personally go with the Elk motion sensors.  

I have three Insteon motion detectors, and while they're fine for my ISY program needs, they don't qualify as "security devices" in my opinion, and will be replaced with Elk PIR's in the near future.

You'll need the M1XRFTW wireless module, yes.

You may wish to look at their 2-way wireless starter kit, M1XRFTWKIT, that has the wireless module, one keyfob, two door sensors, and one PIR motion detector. The bundle price saves you a few dollars over the individual item costs.

Archived