Thermostat control separate room & ISY

mfbrin

Upstairs, out thermostat is in the hallway and I want it to be responsive to the temperature in my daughter's room. I replaced my Nest with an Insteon thermostat and Insteon wireless. 3 questions:

1) is that the best choice, and are there other options?

2) I have made the wireless the Master and the wired one the receiver using the buttons on the thermostat. However, they swapped by themselves for some reason yesterday. I can't figure out how to create a Scene in the ISY that makes the controller/responder link for me. I can drag the thermostat into a scene, but not the wireless. Has anyone done this before? Is there a tutorial somewhere?

3) any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Mfbrin,

Please feel free to send me an email at support@universal-devices.com and I can give you some one on one help.

The thermostat itself can not be added to a scene but the cool and heat mode can.  From what you described you want to just press and hold

the set button on the Wireless thermostat until it beeps and the LED starts to flash on and off then press and hold the set button on the wired

thermostat until you hear the double beep.  After setting the wireless up as the master you then have the setup you want.  It sound like you did this

but maybe someone pressed the master button on the wired thermostat to put it back in Master mode. 

The ISY can create programs that say if the Wired thermostat is cooling then set the Wired thermostat to cool mode.  You can do similar commands for Off and Heat but you may want to discuss this with us in a phone call so we can give you all of your options.

Archived