need help with switch override of motion detection...

piconut

I have a program which detects motion from an Insteon motion detector (2842-222) and turns on the lights in our ping-pong room.  The main program is written so that the lights only stay on a short time if someone is just passing through, and they stay on longer if the motion detector is tripped frequently over a short period of time.  Everything seems to be working well with this program and I use a similar one on other motion detectors.  Next I wrote a program so that if the Insteon Appliance Module (which controls the ping pong lights) is manually turned ON or Fast ON by the triangular switches on the side of the module, then it stops and disables the motion program and basically puts the lights into a manual mode.  I also have another program that re-enables the motion program once the ping pong room lights are manually turned back OFF or Fast OFF.  I cannot get either of these last two programs to work at all.  I set a variable called m4_test_ON so that the Manual ON program adds 1 to it each time the program runs. The variable is not being added to when the conditions are met (the light is turned on manually) which indicates that the program is not running when I think it should.  I also set up an M4_test_OFF variable too for the Manual Off program and it is also not increasing above 0 indicating that it is not working either.

I would appreciate some help as to why it is not working as I think it should.  Here are the 3 programs (Motion detection, Manual ON, and Manual OFF:

Motion Detection (working fine):

If
        Control 'M4 PingPong-Sensor' is switched On
    And $m4_timed <= 10

Then
        $m4_timed += 1
        Set 'D3 Ping-Turtle test light' Fast On
        Set 'A6 Ping Pong Lights' Fast On
        Wait  1 minute 
        Set 'D3 Ping-Turtle test light' 50%
        Wait  1 minute 
        Set 'A6 Ping Pong Lights' Fast Off
        Set 'D3 Ping-Turtle test light' Off
        Wait  1 minute 
        $m4_timed  = 0

Else
        $m4_timed += 1
        Set 'A6 Ping Pong Lights' On
        Wait  10 minutes 
        Set 'D3 Ping-Turtle test light' Fast On
        Wait  10 minutes 
        Set 'D3 Ping-Turtle test light' Off
        Set 'A6 Ping Pong Lights' Fast Off
        Wait  1 minute 
        $m4_timed  = 0

When motion is detected near the ping pong table and the number of recent detections is low (<10), 
then turn the ping pong fluorescent lights on for approx. 2 minutes, then turn them back off.
Also, reset the M4 counter back to 0 three minutes after the last motion is detected.

Otherwise, if motion is detected and there have been other recent motion detections in the ping-pong area (>10),
then turn on the ping pong lights for 20 minutes after the last detection of motion.

The Manual ON Program (not working):

If
        Control 'A6 Ping Pong Lights' is switched On
     Or Control 'A6 Ping Pong Lights' is switched Fast On

Then
        $m4_ON_test += 1
        Stop program 'm4 activity PingPong'
        Disable Program 'm4 activity PingPong'

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

This program overrides the motion control of the ping pong room lights by stopping the ping pong room motion lights program, 
then disabling that program, turning the lights on and/or keeping the light on until they are manually turned off.  
Manually turning off the lights will re-enable the motion sensing program again.

The Manual Off program (not working):

If
        Control 'A6 Ping Pong Lights' is switched Off
     Or Control 'A6 Ping Pong Lights' is switched Fast Off

Then
        $m4_OFF_test += 1
        Wait  20 seconds
        $m4_timed  = 0
        Enable Program 'm4 activity PingPong'

Else

This program re-enables the motion sensign program once the ping pong room lights are manually turned off.  It also resets the M4 counter.

What ISY firmware level is being used?

Does the device type indicate 2635-222?

ISY994i with v4.0.5

The device type in the ISY interface shows "unsupported Device:2.55" as do all the other appliance modules I bought a couple months ago.  The box says 2635-222.

piconut

Because the ISY at 4.0.5 does not know the type of device the link records necessary for the ISY to be aware of the manual button press were not created.   As Brian has posted move to 4.2.8 RC3 to pick up support for the 2635-222.

I upgraded the ISY and UI firmware and now it is showing as v.4.2.8 for both.  I checked to make sure that that 2635-222 module was still shown and now the ISY lists it (and the other appliance modules I have) as 2635-222 On/Off Module v.46.  However, the two manual ON and OFF programs still do not work and the variables that they should be added 1 to each time I run the program, are not increasing.  

I also ran manually ran the two programs from the ISY interface (Right click > IF, or Run Then) and when I do the "Run Then") each program works as it should.  

So apparently there is a problem with the IF part of my program.  Maybe the up and down triangular buttons are not the ON and OFF buttons.  However I modified my IF statements to take care of (what I thought) the possible options for the UP triangle button on the Appliance Module and ti still didn't work when I pressed the button on the side of the module.  See here:

If
        Control 'A6 Ping Pong Lights' is switched On
     Or Control 'A6 Ping Pong Lights' is switched Fast On
     Or Control 'A6 Ping Pong Lights' is switched Fade Up
     Or Control 'A6 Ping Pong Lights' is switched Bright

Then
        $m4_ON_test += 1
        Set 'A6 Ping Pong Lights' On
        Disable Program 'm4 activity PingPong'
        Stop program 'm4 activity PingPong'

Else

This program overrides the motion control of the ping pong room lights by stopping the ping pong room motion lights program, 
then disabling that program, turning the lights on and/or keeping the light on until they are manually turned off.  
Manually turning off the lights will re-enable the motion sensing program again.

The devices have to be Deleted and added back under 4.2.8.  The link records are created only when the device is added to the ISY.

Ahhhhhh...  That was it!  Thanks LeeG!   :-P   I deleted it and added it back in and everything worked.  

I wasn't sure how the programs that included the module when it was "unsupported" would behave if the newly added module had the same name so I renamed the new module just in case.  Any idea if re-adding the module back in using the same name has any negative effective on programs that still contain the old name? In other words, will the programs work correctly or are they still associated with the old information?

A Program that references a Deleted device will say something like 'not recognized' or something like that.. May need to restart the Admin Console to see that.   Actually do not know for sure what the Program will say when the device is added back under the same name. 

Archived