MobiLinc Costs

Waketech

I am not sure that I understand your thoughts with regards to the relationship between "to monitor remotely" versus "port forwarding". 

I believe that mobilinc has a couple of options with regards to cost beyond the initial purchase.  For those not able/willing/interested in configuring their router to provide the necessary rules and port forwarding instructions, one can choose the option to pay a monthly fee and use "cloud" based services to provide the remote access.

For those who ARE willing/able/interested in configuring their router, then there are no additional fees beyond intial purchase costs.  (This is the way I do it.)

There's the voice dictation module on ios. Extra 10.

There's the camera support module as well

Plus if you want Mobilelinc to send you push notifications on any device or event that cost is buried in the cloud yearly service. I wish he would break that one out. Plus I'm fussing that once you enable his cloud support that you now have things going through a third party. As a standalone app it's direct communication to the isy if you port forward yourself.

So keep that in mind if you are concerned about security.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Waketech,

ravedog and Oberkc are correct. If you are comfortable with setting up your own fixed IP, port forwarding, etc, then the only cost to connect to your ISY is the initial app price. If you are interested in dead easy anywhere access as well as push notifications for your iOS devices then we offer MobiLinc Connect, a cloud service, for $29.99/ISY/year. The fee helps us cover our server costs.

Beyond connectivity and notifications, MobiLinc for iOS offers a number of additional plug-ins like IP Camera support, Voice control, ELK security, and Resource Manager: http://mobilinc.com/features/plugins/

Just to clarify on ravedog's comments, we 100% own and control MobiLinc Connect. Your ISY's connection, account, information, etc is never shared with any 3rd party, nor will we ever share this with anyone. We take privacy and security seriously and have no plans on turning this over to a 3rd party. If you have any questions or concerns here about this, please don't hesitate to ask here or for faster service: support@mobilinc.com

Wes

Thanks for the clarification Wes (just the paranoid side of me). One thing you left out is apparently with the connect service you can also access a remote ISY with a PC or Mac seamlessly as well I believe.

Any chance you might break out the notifications into a separate module?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

also access a remote ISY with a PC or Mac seamlessly as well I believe

This can be done without connect service, so long as you have your IP address and port forwarding set up.  Early on, I did some of my ISY programming while across the country.  I am not sure if Mobilinc connect service handles remote PC/MAC login to your ISY.

Thanks ravedog, you are correct. With a paid MobiLinc Connect account we facilitate access to your ISY via the Admin Console. MobiLinc Connect is designed to be a complete replacement for port forwarding and supports remote access via the MobiLinc apps and the Admin Console from a PC/MAC. Instructions for doing this are provided inside of the MobiLinc apps with a paid subscription.

We do not have plans to offer just notifications separate from remote access. The reason is the cost is in hosting the ISY connected to our servers 24/7. The ISY is hosted with us for both notification service and remote access. The same costs are incurred and thus is how we've priced the MobiLinc Connect service.

Wes

Hey guys I was just thinking about this topic this moorning...

Currently I have an ISY installed with my own web user interface that I developed to run at home. I did that because I've never found a software that could run on ISY and could control all of my devices into one interface. Furthermore, anyone who enters my home network, could access my interface and control it.

I have:

- INSTEON (lights, fan)

- Foscam (cameras)

- GlobalCache (IR equipments, audio, video, conditioners)

Could you help me answer if Mobilinc could connect and control all of them through an ISY?

Wich version would suits better?

I need to buy a software license per smartphone or device that will connect?

Hi guedesluz,

Yes, MobiLinc can control and interface with all your listed equipment. For the GlobalCache equipment you would need to setup Network Resources to issue the GC commands. Then, setup a program "Then" statement to fire the Network Resource command. In MobiLinc you can Favorite or Dashboard a program and set the Run Path to the "Then" path to make it a single tap action. Please note that MobiLinc for Android does not yet support IP Cameras.

http://mobilinc.com/features/plugins/

If you are an iOS user we recommend MobiLinc HD so you can install on your iPhone/iPad. For Android we recommend MobiLinc Pro.

http://mobilinc.com/apps/mobilinchd/

http://mobilinc.com/apps/mobilincpro/

Licenses are controlled by the respective app stores. Devices using the same iTunes account for iOS devices can install paid apps on all iOS devices that use the same iTunes account. For Android, devices that use the same Google Play email can installed paid apps.

Wes

OK! Thanks a lot for the answer. Last night I tried the Mobilinc Lite (or trial?) on Android. The ISY Programs that are used to send IR to the TV is exactly what was intriguing me. I thought it had an specif screen for audio & video equipments and there you could "link" ISY Programs with each button that want to use. That would be nice....

Question on Mobilinc Connect account.

If I purchase a subscription for a year, can my wiffe use the same account as mine? (2 different devices, 2 different Apple IDs) or does she need to have an account as well?

If you are using multiple apple ID's for you and the mrs., then you will have to buy the app twice. Which in this case is kind of expensive. You could, however, wait until iOS 8 in September which will allow for family sharing (multiple apple ID's linked to the same credit card can now share apple purchases as if it were the same account. That's good for you and unfortunately bad for Wes or any developer in terms of losing some sales)

As far as the ability for the subscriptions to be shared... I think Wes (InsteonNut) can further clarify....

We plan to keep our accounts seperate, and I have no issues buying a second copy of Mobilinc for the Mrs.

BUt not sure that I would do the Connect piece if I need 2 subscriptions.  I'd open up a port instead.  The main reason for me to get a yearly subscription is for the Mrs. to get push notifications.  I would rather keep it all in one app instead of having to explain Prowl or Pushover to her.  For me, that's doesn't bother me at all.

The connect feature works with the app. If you don't buy the app, then no notifications. They are configured from within mobilinc. If you just want her to receive notifications, do it from within the ISY using prowl. If needed yiu can have 2 prowl accounts so she gets her notifications and you can get yours.

I have to say that setting up notifications in Mobilinc is easy and endless.lot easier than from the ISY. Not to mention that if you really want to do custom notifications then you will end up with a lot of entries in the notifications section.

Nice thing also is if you have multiple mobilinc devices you can sync them. Set up all the notifications on yours, sync with hers.

As far as explaining prowl to her, you don't have to. Just install it and here come the notices. Appear in her notification center and she can read details in the app. It's just a simple list of notices and she can clear them out at any time.

However, if you go that route and she is annoyed that there are too many or not enough or what have you, it's back to the ISY for configuration. Mobilinc can be done locally on your iPhone.

Hi Folks,

With your one MobiLinc Connect account you can login with the MobiLinc app on any iOS/Android device running MobiLinc. The Connect account is tied to your ISY and not any particular iTunes or Google Play email (like apps are).

On your other iOS/Android device simply log in with your one MobiLinc Connect account in the MobiLinc app.

Wes

• 4 weeks later...

Family share is not dependent on the developers approval. The customer can share with anyone who's account uses the same credit card. (That's the link. Not the Apple ID)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MobiLinc products have Family Sharing enabled.

Family share is not dependent on the developers approval. The customer can share with anyone who's account uses the same credit card. (That's the link. Not the Apple ID)

Developers had to opt-in to allowing Family Sharing.

From this page: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS5449?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Make sure that an app is shareable

To see if you can share an app, go to its product page in the App Store and scroll down to Information. Then see if it says Yes or No in the Family Sharing section.

Some apps may not be enabled for Family Sharing. If you’ve acquired one of these apps, you will be able to see it in your purchase history, but your family members won't be able to see or redownload it.

More info here: http://www.macrumors.com/2014/06/04/apple-turns-on-family-sharing/

• 1 year later...

Archived