Restore Device: is factory reset required?

blueman2

I have to admit to some rather sloppy procedure while installing some switches lately.  I re-used some switched I had located elsewhere in my house, but failed to "remove" them correctly before I did.  I have been getting some unexplained on/off behavior from one of the switches and I think it must be from left over programming from their prior use.  So here is the question:

Does "Restore Device" remove all links and in effect do a factory reset before restoring the links, or does it just restore the links?  I ask because some of the devices are located in very hard to get to areas, and I would like to avoid doing a manual factory reset on these switches.  

If it does not do a factory reset, is there another way to do a factory reset remotely via ISY??

Thanks!

For iall intents and purposes, i believe a restore should solve most problems. I does nothing for x10 addresses, however. It does nothing for hardware issues that are occasionally solved by a factory reset. But, as far as link records, it should work as far as I understand.

There is no command driven Factory Reset.  

As oberkc already indicated a Restore Device usually resolves link database issues but that is dependent on the links option used when adding the device to the ISY.  If "remove existing links" was used there are no previous links carried forward.  If ".... keep existing links" was used old links are carried forward and Restore Device will restore them.

Also note that it might be another device that was linked as a Controller to this device that is causing the On/Off issues (if not caused by comm issues).

Archived