Updating Firmware 4.2.2

smokegrub

I am currently running firmware 4.2.2 on a MacBook Pro (OS 10.9.4). My ISY is a 994i IR Pro. I recently received and linked one of three Hidden Door Sensors. The procedure was successful and as I continued the setup I learned that nodes for the device required firmware 4.2.3 or higher. As I have researched updating the firmware I have taken note of posts that indicate that Safari does not play well with the firmware. So, I have installed Firefox and made it my default browser. I have also ensured that I have the most recent JAVA update (JAVA 7 Update 67). All my devices are Insteon or X-10 (I have the module installed). I am a novice at such matters so please take that into account as I ask a couple of questions. With Firefox set as my default browser does that ensure its use rather than Safari and resolve the problems mentioned in the aforementioned posts? I plan to use Appendix D: Upgrading Your Firmware from the User Guide to proceed with the update. Are those procedures up-to-date or are there other factors I need to take into account? Which firmware update is recommended as solid and dependable and will supply the nodes needed for the Hidden Door Sensors?

Archived