Can you arm / disarm ELK from ISY Admin Console

zorax2

My ISY seems to communicate with my ELK in that the ISY Admin Console shows the correct Disarmed / Armed State and I can use the ELK / ISY to run programs such as turn on lights when a zone is violated. 

On the ISY, there are buttons "Arm Stay", "Arm Away", "Disarm" and "Go to Elk Console".  I made some changes to my system and seem to think that I was previously able to use those buttons - for example to arm the system. 

Can / should you be able to arm or disarm the system from the ISY Admin Console?  If it is possible to use these buttons, what might I be doing wrong that that doesn't allow me to use these buttons to function?

As a side note, the "Go to ELK Console" button does work and I am able to arm and disarm from the Elk Console.

Yes, those buttons do work in the Admin Console. Mine work properly.

Have to ask the obvious.... in the Elk console, you did define a new user (name irrelevant) with a unique access code***, and are using that code in the ISY config screen, correct?

(*** Note, from what I recall: the "Access" and "Master" checkboxes in Elk user setup cannot be enabled for this user, the only boxes selected in the auth section are Arm, Disarm, and Bypass.)

Does that help?

I had the RP Access code for the ELK entered into the ISY configuration rather than a unique ELK user access code.  I created a new user ("ISY Control") on the ELK with arm, disarm and bypass access and entered that user code into the ISY.  Everything works properly now.

Thank you very much for your help!

Archived