Elk rules not working properly

zorax2

First, my ISY is talking with my ELK M1G.  My ISY can arm and disarm the M1G panel.  Additionally, programs within ISY for Elk work (i.e., when front door is opened – entry light turns on).

My goal is to get the User ID from the Elk to the ISY so I can send an alert or command via the ISY rather than the Elk to use when and which one of my kids arrives home from school.  Here is a program I tried:

ELK
WHENEVER Home (Area 1) ARM STATE BECOMES DISARMED
AND LAST USER WAS Name (User 2)
THEN TURN OUTPUT 65 ON (Used for ISY programming to identify kid came home.  Output 66 can be child #2, etc.)

ISY
If ELK ‘OUTPUT 65’ is ON
THEN
SET ‘LIGHT’ On (will test function only – will change to email once program works correctly).

This doesn’t seem to work.  I have gone into the ELK log and there is no evidence of an Output either when I use the “Test” feature with the RP program or actually disarming the system with my child's code.

I also tried the following program which seems to be even simpler and it didn’t work:

WHENEVER Main Front Door (Zn55)
BECOMES NOT SECURE
THEN TURN DiningRm Chand ON FADE RATE = 0

What am I doing wrong or need to change?  Thank you in advance for your help.

Do you by chance have ElkRP, the programming software open and connected while you are testing? If so, it will prevent the ISY from connecting to the Elk, and prevent these things from working. Disconnect ElkRP from your Elk and give ISY a few seconds to connect. Try again and let us know.

If this is not the problem, not sure where to go. You'll need to post a level 3 log from ISY while opening and closing zones. It should show up

Michael.

Archived