RemoteLinc All On/Off

stusviews

It's possible to manually link the RemoteLinc All On/All Off buttons as a device controller apart from those devices linked to the buttons. Specifically, the linked device(s) respond to all On or All Off, but not to any individual button.

Is there a way to do that using an ISY? If not, then is there any problem with manually linking that button pair?

"Is there a way to do that using an ISY?"

No.

"If not, then is there any problem with manually linking that button pair?"

The expected versus actual link tables will not match making a Restore Device impossible for both the RemoteLinc and any manually linked device.

Also it will be necessary to analyze the link tables to see what devices are affected be those buttons.

I have tested an original Remotelinc with the All On and Off buttons.

I have linked the All buttons manually to an Insteon module.

As LeeG pointed out. The ISY controller will not know about the manual link. In my case a Link Database compare results in mismatched links.

I agree. But if the only concern, in this particular case, is that I can't restore the device from an ISY record, then I'm OK with that. It's not difficult to rebuild any scenes and if the RemoteLinc fails, there's no direct replacement, so I'd be starting over anyway.

BTW, we use seven of these. I'd sure like to see a larger replacement than the Mini Remote.

Sometimes the simplest solutions are the most evasive. The solution is a program that senses IF all the devices linked to the RemoteLinc are turned off and THEN turns off the other specified devices. What's even better for us in this situation is that All On has no effect on those additional devices.

Archived