New user

Quietminded

I'm reaching out to anyone who can lend advice to a very enthusiastic newcomer to home automation. Briefly, I purchased a Revlov hub about two months ago and filled my house with Insteon devices. After its acquisition to Google I decided to jump right out of that platform and just purchased a ISY994i/IR PRO. I was displeased with the limited functionality of the Revolv from the start, my stupidity for not doing better research. I feel as though I made right choice this time, but need guidance as to the learning process. I'm pretty computer smart, but with no programming knowledge. My plans are to use Mobilinc Orchestrated, from the reading I've done I think it's a good choice? I've watched the half dozen or so video tutorials from Universal Devices, read hours of forum posts on all different topics. What I would like if someone could point a newbie where to start and to progress beyond that. I'd really like to take the time to master my new system.... I'm excited. Thank you for taking the time to read this post (hopefully I've posted it in the appropriate place?) and for any advice you could pass along.

I made the move from smartlinc to the isy about a year ago. I did the same prep work as you have. Reading threads is invaluable.

I went room by room adding devices, creating folders for each room. In each folder I have sub folders for devices and scenes. I then created my scenes. I have kpl buttons that control scenes in adjacent rooms so I wrote notes to make sure I did not leave anything out. I took the advice of factory resetting devices before adding them.

Once I had all off my scenes in I added my basic programs which essentially are timers for landscape lights etc. next I went for more elaborate programs such as scene monitors, notifications.

Good luck, you will get all the help you need in this forum.

Eric

Archived